Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1764717 times)

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #891 on: November 16, 2012, 01:10:50 PM »
$9.35. Mr. Market really doesn't like Altius right now.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

naboo

« Reply #892 on: November 16, 2012, 02:26:29 PM »
$9.35. Mr. Market really doesn't like Altius right now.

I think this is a holiday gift for someone who has cash to buy ALS shares at the price.  For me, I have no cash, all my cash was used yesterday to buy another gift: FFH
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:32:02 PM by naboo »
*****  Every Penny Counts *****

beerbaron

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #893 on: November 16, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »
Did that feasibility study for Alderon ever came out, I tough it was due in Q3 2012...? I can't seem to find anything on Alderon's web site.

BeerBaron

ItsAValueTrap

• Blog
« Reply #894 on: November 16, 2012, 05:14:22 PM »
The quarterly MD&As of juniors are definitely worth reading as they often make important disclosures in them.  Normally I don't advocate reading quarterly reports as it is too short-term focused but I would advocate skimming the MD&A for information regarding the development of a junior's deposit.  Selwyn Resources for example disclosed that its feasibility study was a failure in its MD&A; it did not disclose that in a press release until much later on.

As for the feasibility study on the Kami Property, we had been expecting, as indicated in prior MD&As, to
complete this study during the third quarter of 2012 and to release the final results during the fourth quarter of
2012. However, while the progress of the study itself has continued to advance, certain engineering studies and
optimization analyses within the overall feasibility initiative are taking more time to conduct and finalize than we
had originally anticipated. The results still may be released during the fourth quarter, but in any event, the results
of the feasibility study will be released prior to January 31, 2013.

In some cases, juniors will delay and delay the release of feasibility studies if the project is not remotely economic.  I don't think it is the case here as Alderon's partner likely did their due diligence and the feasibility study will likely be heavily manipulated anyways (if Consolidated Thompson is any indication).
"It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price. " -Buffett

my blog

alertmeipp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #895 on: November 16, 2012, 06:23:11 PM »
how much they have left in their buyback program?

hohi

« Reply #896 on: November 18, 2012, 01:58:09 PM »
how much they have left in their buyback program?

Hi alertmeipp!

As I understand it their buyback program is open-ended and automated. A broker is repurchasing in their name so that they can repurchase at all times - even before some important news is going to be posted.

Here's a link to the original news from ALS website:
http://altiusminerals.com/press-releases/view/259

cheers,
hohi
Cheers,
hohi.

current resource positions: ALS.TO  //  NILSY  //  IVN.TO   //   DPM.TO   //   GAZ

Dazel

« Reply #897 on: November 19, 2012, 05:58:43 AM »

Beer baron,

Feasibility study was delayed...to end of the forth quarter...they went ahead with procurement and the production schedule is unaffected.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/alderon-signs-engineering-procurement-construction-113000403.html

Dazel

biaggio

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #898 on: November 20, 2012, 04:43:55 AM »

Dazel

« Reply #899 on: November 20, 2012, 05:44:55 AM »
http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article37381.html

Article on uranium from Rick rule.

Dazel.