Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1744232 times)

Dazel

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #1050 on: January 18, 2013, 02:56:31 AM »

Wow..a little coverage from a newsletter gives us a pop above all technical ranges!? Imagine when the coverage universe gets a hold of the Altius story! Newsletter or not technical traders screens will be popping. Sadly, this is Wallstreet...but it is coming at a time when the Hebei financing is about to be announced...so whoever, wrote the newsletter did a hell of a job at a hell of time! If this is the spark that gets investors attention to value at Altius... great...if not..we will buy a boat load more shares back!

Stocks rise for the strangest of reasons...and even the great Ben Graham when asked by Congress could not explain how value was finally realized in a stock price.

"It is one of the great mysteries of our business..."

Dazel.

hohi

« Reply #1051 on: January 18, 2013, 03:44:32 AM »
I actually was sad to see the price go up 10% as one of my goals for 2013 was to add substantially to my already large position in ALS. I'll probably to it anyway but I would have loved to do it at the discounted price levels we had over the last years... I just hope we get some extra time to position ourselves, because once Kami starts developing and people realize who owns the royalty this gem will at least double.

I am actually pretty optimistic that over the next 10 years at least one or two of our other iron ore properties will get developed while we can sit back and just watch it happen passively. Also I see good things happening in Chile over the next decade. Never mind deploying our cash and all the other good things happening.

I must admit that I see ALS as one of the safest bets I've made so far in my investment career. Once Hebei paid the money to Alderon, Altius is a no-brainer. Hebei not paying is like the only serious scenario I see where ALS is not undervalued by at least the factor 2. My current fair value lies at $ 23,55 and that is calculated very conservatively.

Anyways just wanted to share those thoughts with you guys. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,
hohi.
Cheers,
hohi.

current resource positions: ALS.TO  //  NILSY  //  IVN.TO   //   DPM.TO   //   GAZ

hohi

« Reply #1052 on: January 21, 2013, 10:06:43 PM »
Mamba begins drilling the 7th of february. Stock is also showing strength - it's near its all-time-high. Current Mcap of about $15M... once Altius gets its 20% stake that will be worth $3M+. I am pretty confident Mamba will hit some nice Fe intercepts as they are for sure trying to get investors attention to do another financing in a year or so. So they'll probably drill some higher risk holes to hit it big. 6 holes in total in Phase I.

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/MAB.AX/key-developments/article/2677417

Cheers,
hohi.
Cheers,
hohi.

current resource positions: ALS.TO  //  NILSY  //  IVN.TO   //   DPM.TO   //   GAZ

HJ

« Reply #1053 on: January 22, 2013, 08:00:42 AM »
Any commentary on the just filed NI 43-101  Study by Alderon?  I guess that's the reason ALS has been popping.  Do they just all back date the filings on Sedar?  Since none of us saw the filing last week, but it shows up as filing on Jan 15.

hohi

« Reply #1054 on: January 22, 2013, 08:31:12 AM »
Any commentary on the just filed NI 43-101  Study by Alderon?  I guess that's the reason ALS has been popping.  Do they just all back date the filings on Sedar?  Since none of us saw the filing last week, but it shows up as filing on Jan 15.

The study shows royalty payments to Altius between $20M - $30M / year. Assumption are long term Fe prices of $102. Total some $700M+ for Altius @ $102 Fe.

Cheers,
hohi.
Cheers,
hohi.

ItsAValueTrap

• Blog
« Reply #1055 on: January 22, 2013, 10:25:12 AM »
Do they just all back date the filings on Sedar?
In Canada, you are allowed to issue a press release and then file the actual technical report 45 days later.  I'm not sure why this is allowed but it is.

In the case of Barkerville Gold, they issued a press release about their technical report claiming a very, very large gold deposit (Bre-X sized).  Later, the regulatory authorities found many issues with the technical report and the stock was halted... AFTER the price spiked up on the press release.

It's just the way things are apparently.  Another approach would be for regulators to vet technical reports first.  The technical report would be available on SEDAR concurrent with the press release.  This would avoid investors getting hurt by bogus/problematic technical reports.  Then again... a lot of bogus technical reports are allowed anyways so the overall problem isn't fixed.
"It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price. " -Buffett

my blog

biaggio

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1056 on: January 22, 2013, 04:10:49 PM »
Mamba begins drilling the 7th of february. Stock is also showing strength - it's near its all-time-high. Current Mcap of about $15M... once Altius gets its 20% stake that will be worth $3M+. I am pretty confident Mamba will hit some nice Fe intercepts as they are for sure trying to get investors attention to do another financing in a year or so. So they'll probably drill some higher risk holes to hit it big. 6 holes in total in Phase I.

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/MAB.AX/key-developments/article/2677417

Cheers,
hohi.

Is ALS involved with Mamba?

jjsto

ItsAValueTrap

• Blog
« Reply #1058 on: January 22, 2013, 06:55:07 PM »
Yes.

http://altiusminerals.com/projects/snelgrove

It has other iron ore projects in the works.  The Rio Tinto joint venture is more advanced and has decent drill results:
http://altiusminerals.com/projects/labrador-iron-ore
"It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price. " -Buffett

my blog

Green King

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1059 on: January 22, 2013, 07:09:21 PM »
can someone attach technical report for some reason i can't download it.

Thx
GK