Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1506031 times)

mugwump

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #6580 on: September 19, 2018, 03:06:55 AM »
john kaiser discusses altius Lynx project
at 26 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83X2EB2nBm8

mugwump

« Reply #6581 on: September 19, 2018, 03:41:44 AM »

linealdin

« Reply #6582 on: September 19, 2018, 05:05:10 AM »
john kaiser discusses altius Lynx project
at 26 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83X2EB2nBm8

Kaiser’s got his ears to the ground. Most interesting news: Lynx has attracted the investment participation of “at least one diamond major.” How many diamond majors are active in Canada? DeBeers, BHP, Rio Tinto? A diamond major is needed to put this one into production. Huge validation of the project. Tremendous profit potential for Altius once diamonds come out of their bear market.

Pros: huge tonnage potential. If the macrodiamonds are there this is going to be a large diamond mine. Diamonds are a bulk commodity. Bulk commodity royalties pay out way more than gold royalties. C$25 million a year in Altius royalties is possible.

Cons: must prove this isn’t another Wawa microdiamond scam (no diamonds of saleable size).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:13:55 AM by linealdin »

linealdin

« Reply #6583 on: September 19, 2018, 05:08:31 AM »
adventus drill results- wow!!
5% copper, 10g/t gold
https://ceo.ca/@newswire/adventus-and-salazar-announce-additional-2018-drill

Curipamba is underrated as a gold project. Imagine if a junior gold explorer announced 27.47 meters of 6.26 g/t gold from near surface.

linealdin

« Reply #6584 on: September 19, 2018, 05:30:58 AM »
https://www.morningstar.com/articles/882902/potash-producers-rally-thanks-to-china.html

Analyst expects US$300 potash in 2019, up from an average of US$270 potash in 2018, underpinned by slow ramp-up of new supply from K+S and Eurochem and lower production from K+S and SQM.

Belarus Potash Corp agrees to US$290 potash with China and India through June 2019. Canpotex should follow suit.

Altius potash royalties averaged C$321, or US$247, in H1 2018. Chance for a 21% bump if these price forecasts become reality.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:37:05 AM by linealdin »

linealdin

« Reply #6585 on: September 19, 2018, 05:50:03 AM »
https://ceo.ca/@newsfile/sokoman-iron-announces-start-of-field-preparations

Sokoman 10,000 meter drill program begins October 1st. Two drill rigs operating 24 hours a day over two months. Possible Phase 3 drill program to begin in early 2019 in frozen ground.

This 10,000 meters and the 17,000 meters planned by Anglogold for Phase 2 at Silicon blows out the 40K meters Altius had expected in partner-funded drilling in 2018.

linealdin

« Reply #6586 on: September 19, 2018, 08:06:39 AM »
Nutrien CEO Chuck Magro’s remarks about the potash market from the Credit Suisse conference on September 12th:

“In potash, we continue to see strong demand in most major markets. We had record potash demand in 2017 with solid consumption in all markets including India, China and Brazil. We've also seen a slow ramp up in new projects which is typical for potash projects around the world and some reduction in capacity of mines as they reach end of life. In fact, we're seeing about 4 million tons of capacity reductions by 2020. All these factors have led to strengthening potash pricing.

“Over the past five years, we've seen 4% annual consumption growth. This is well above the long-term historical average of 2.8% and we expect record demand again this year in 2018. And we just raised our guidance again at the end of the second quarter and now we expect 65 million to 67 million tons this year.

“Now, I fully recognize there are some concerns about the new capacity coming online in the medium term, when it comes to the potash business. I would say demand growth is key. The new capacity is coming, it's built and it's coming online as we speak. But it can be absorbed by the market, if demand grows at the historical growth rate. And as you can see from this chart by 2020 to somewhere between 2020 and 2022 utilization rates will improve and the market will tighten and I think that's important.”

linealdin

« Reply #6587 on: September 19, 2018, 08:49:29 AM »
LIF breakout to C$27.50. Altius position worth C$86.63 million at that level.

Iron ore 62% Fe benchmark trading at a 6 month high near US$70 per tonne. 65% Fe trading at US$96.50.

linealdin

« Reply #6588 on: September 19, 2018, 10:02:12 AM »
https://www.alderonironore.com/images/Presentation/20180911_Alderon_Corporate_Presentation12.pdf

Latest Alderon presentation with an updated timeline:

→ Updated bankable feasibility set to conclude in Q3-2018
→ Financing plan under review; to be launched in Q4-2018

Only a week or two left in Q3. We should see an updated feasibility for Kami in a few weeks. It is the right time to release an iron ore feasibility study if the numbers are strong.

A good feasibility (post-tax NPV higher than capex) should bring in more strategic investors: private equity groups who can make add-on bets during the construction finance phase. Maybe even a stream financing.

mikek

« Reply #6589 on: September 19, 2018, 02:26:54 PM »
Regarding Alderon: that thing is unfortunately not getting built. I wish it were but no one is putting down that type of money on the capex. The product is good and having all the permits are good but that Mark guy made two huge mistakes. Allowing Glencore that 40 percent offtake and not winning the cheap auction were the nails in the coffin. Only way this thing ever gets built is way lower starting production/capex or bought out and gets combined with a current project. Just no way this gets built as a standalone project. Even if capex was 25 percent lower I would still say the same thing. Seems like a waste of time if they are just doing another feasibility study if they are attempting to start this at 7 to 8 million tonnes per year. Look, I don't even know if the economics are possible to start it out at a much lower production/ capex but anyone that thinks this project is getting built with 750 million to 1 billion in capex is in pure hope land. Getting Alderon built is the biggest value creation activity Altius could have for shareholders but the probability of that seems extremely unlikely. I will be the first to admit if I'm wrong and hopefully I am but I just don't see this thing getting built as a standalone project.