Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1744249 times)

Dazel

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2011, 03:12:28 PM »

http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=iron-ore&months=60

interesting chart.....and people thought gold was doing well!!!

Dazel.   

Dazel

« Reply #221 on: June 07, 2011, 03:23:33 PM »

http://www.dailymarkets.com/stock/2011/06/06/cliffs-provides-outlook/

Here are the economics of the Consolidated Thompson mine from Cliffs Natural resource for 2011 and 2012. You can see why they bought it!

Sorry for the overload of info but it shows what Alderon could become...if it grows up like it's neighbour.

Dazel. 

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #222 on: June 07, 2011, 07:16:16 PM »
Thanks Dazel, you always find interesting stuff.

I'm curious to know if you're still buying. Seems like you've been buying forever, still have dry powder?
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

naboo

« Reply #223 on: June 08, 2011, 10:28:47 AM »

Here are the economics of the Consolidated Thompson mine from Cliffs Natural resource for 2011 and 2012. You can see why they bought it!

Sorry for the overload of info but it shows what Alderon could become...if it grows up like it's neighbour.

Dazel. 

So it seems like ALDERON RESOURCE (ALDFF, ADV.V) at current price is a better choice than Altius.

*****  Every Penny Counts *****

JAllen

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2011, 10:41:50 AM »

Dazel.  

So it seems like ALDERON RESOURCE (ALDFF, ADV.V) at current price is a better choice than Altius.

But it's way riskier because it doesn't have a huge cash balance and its success is dependent on one currently undeveloped body of ore.  Altius has Alderon upside (including the royalty) and many other assets that support its value.  If Alderon doesn't work out for some reason a current investor would lose way less if they only owned Altius.

I should add that Dazel did a way better job explaining this earlier in this thread (about why he's buying Altius, not Alderon).

Dazel

« Reply #225 on: June 12, 2011, 01:25:35 PM »

We own a small position in Alderon...and yes still picking away at Altius....

Dazel.

goldfinger

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #226 on: June 12, 2011, 06:32:22 PM »

We own a small position in Alderon...and yes still picking away at Altius....

Dazel.

Dazel,

October is approaching. Any idea what the possible outcomes with NLRC are?

Dazel

« Reply #227 on: June 13, 2011, 07:19:30 AM »

I am pretty sure that it expires in Oct 2012...as per latest financial report...of course I would love to
see something happen sooner rather than later there. I will check it.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #228 on: June 13, 2011, 07:34:35 AM »

NLRC does expire Oct 2011....sorry for the brain cramp...as I have said I value it at 0...it does act as a out of the money call option because if there is any new positive development it would be extremely positive frot he company. As we all know Brian Dalton has worked very hard here hopeflly he can pull something off...we know from the finacial reports that they are negotiating with "china and state interests" these parties would not be alone in my opinion...likley they would partner with a major refiner...and they could do one off trades on refined oil in other parts of the world that are closer to China.
This is speculation on our part.

Dazel.

goldfinger

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »

NLRC does expire Oct 2011....sorry for the brain cramp...as I have said I value it at 0...it does act as a out of the money call option because if there is any new positive development it would be extremely positive frot he company. As we all know Brian Dalton has worked very hard here hopeflly he can pull something off...we know from the finacial reports that they are negotiating with "china and state interests" these parties would not be alone in my opinion...likley they would partner with a major refiner...and they could do one off trades on refined oil in other parts of the world that are closer to China.
This is speculation on our part.

Dazel.

Everybody makes mistakes but the fact that Altius invested so much money in this one doesn't make you raise some questions on how they approach certain types of investments?