Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1744208 times)

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2011, 04:09:36 PM »

Pretty unsignificant buyback tough. 200k$ compared with 330M Market cap.

BeerBaron

Indeed, but daily volume is very low and Altius is limited to buying only 9.2K shares per day as per their buyback program.

I wish it was more, but as long as they opportunistically deploy capital well, even small sums, I'm happy.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2011, 01:22:52 PM »
Anyone knows when the annual report is coming out this year? It was around this time last year, but I couldn't find any info about it..
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

moore_capital54

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #252 on: July 01, 2011, 02:00:29 PM »
I think July 14, 2011.

Big fan of Mr. Dalton and Altius.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #253 on: July 01, 2011, 07:30:12 PM »
Thanks, I'll add that to my calendar!

Dazel

« Reply #254 on: July 04, 2011, 02:21:00 AM »

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-07-03/china-metal-acquisition-binge-led-by-australian-rhodes-scholar.html

interesting article...As Alderon ramps up things could get interesting...I like that he is looking at North America as well.

Dazel.

moore_capital54

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #255 on: July 04, 2011, 01:11:15 PM »
Dazel, Canada is becoming an important supplier of iron ore for the emerging nations. This bodes well for the Canadian Iron Ore co's such as Alderon, Champion, Advanced Explorations, Adriana, and New Millenium.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 01:36:31 PM by moore_capital54 »

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #256 on: July 04, 2011, 01:41:25 PM »
What I'm more curious about in the mid-term is to see if Altius will be as successful outside of Newfoundland-Labrador. If they can transition their expertise to other hunting grounds, I'll be very happy.

goldfinger

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #257 on: July 04, 2011, 02:26:44 PM »
What I'm more curious about in the mid-term is to see if Altius will be as successful outside of Newfoundland-Labrador. If they can transition their expertise to other hunting grounds, I'll be very happy.

I concur ;)

Dazel

« Reply #258 on: July 04, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »

I do not think  you will see them outside their sweet spot for awhile...I would be very disapointed to see them waste much time outside their current projects unless they were able to buy royalties at a good price. We would rather see a large scale buyback.
They have the largest area of staked mineral rights in all of Newfoundland Labrador...they know the government and they have proven success time and again. it looks like they could pull out $400m plus from Alderon over the medium term...ownership stake and Royalty...if the drilling continues to be successful. This is on a $2m investment!
They have another iron ore project down the road!!!! What will it be worth by the time they are done? We think mr.market has lost his marbles here!

disclosure we continue to buy....we just do not see anything as cheap.
Dazel.

moore_capital54

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #259 on: July 04, 2011, 07:12:00 PM »
The one thing that worries me about Alderon is the rail capacity, other than that I agree with you on Altius.