Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1743979 times)

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2011, 11:05:13 AM »
It seems like I've been waiting for the ALS 2011 Annual report forever..

http://www.altiusminerals.com/annual.php

Anyone has any idea when it is supposed to come out?
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

JAllen

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #311 on: August 28, 2011, 11:43:29 AM »
I emailed someone there and he said that it would be mailed the last week of September. 

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #312 on: August 28, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »
I emailed someone there and he said that it would be mailed the last week of September.

Thanks. I wrote them a while ago but never heard back.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

biaggio

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #313 on: August 28, 2011, 02:49:46 PM »
there is a write up on Value Investor Club

http://valueinvestorsclub.com/value2/Idea/ViewIdea/54912

Values ALS at $14-15

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #314 on: August 31, 2011, 01:05:37 PM »
Over 100k shares traded today. Wonder if there was a news item that hasn't hit the wires I monitor yet.. Anyone has seen anything? Could be just a random fluctuation in the spatio-temporal-continuum, though  ;)

Williams406

« Reply #315 on: August 31, 2011, 02:05:27 PM »
No news that I see, though Alderon up about 10%. Not that the two securities trade in sync all that much...

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #316 on: August 31, 2011, 02:10:06 PM »
Well, that was dumb. I didn't think to check Alderon. Up a lot on 4x volume, so some of that probably spilled over to altius, though I'm still not sure if there's a specific reason for the jump.

This piece has a lot of nice things to say about Alderon, though nothing really new:

http://www.businessinsider.com/rodney-cooper-bullish-on-iron-ore-and-copper-2011-8

Dazel

« Reply #317 on: September 01, 2011, 05:46:30 AM »
"Over 100k shares traded today. Wonder if there was a news item that hasn't hit the wires I monitor yet.. Anyone has seen anything? Could be just a random fluctuation in the spatio-temporal-continuum, though  ;)"

we were part of the buying......there was a large seller in Altius over the last 2 weeks....yesterday they were dumping at $10.30....odd for us to have liquidity in buying so we assumed it was forced or tax loss selling. This was before the pop in Alderon.

this seller or sellers along with the fact Altius is in a "quiet period" before earnings and therefore cannot buy shares have driven the shares to stupid levels.

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #318 on: September 01, 2011, 06:01:19 AM »
http://www.mbironoreindex.com/

iron ore is now at a 3 month  high! just in time for the Alderon scoping study that is out this month. We expect the numbers to look very good for production at Alderon at which time the world will take notice of the value of Alderon's potential.

The really wonderful part for both Alderon and Altius is that the potential suitors are awash in cash and have the ability to take on massive amounts of leverage for capital build outs at record low interest rates. Things could get very interesting.

Dazel.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #319 on: September 01, 2011, 07:09:47 AM »

this seller or sellers along with the fact Altius is in a "quiet period" before earnings and therefore cannot buy shares have driven the shares to stupid levels.

That's a good point. What's the rule on the quiet period & buybacks? How long? Is it the same in the US as in Canada?

As for the prices being stupid, indeed. I bought some at 10.15 on Monday :)