Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1745546 times)

naboo

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #370 on: September 29, 2011, 01:15:39 PM »
Alderon Sees Massive Kami Production

http://resourceclips.com/2011/09/28/the-iron-hub/
*****  Every Penny Counts *****

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #371 on: September 29, 2011, 01:35:08 PM »
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Dazel

« Reply #373 on: September 29, 2011, 02:38:23 PM »
http://www.altiusminerals.com/files/fs_1317325332.pdf

Here is the link from Altius...

$8m tax payment was a drag on cash and their share of alderon's loss was $1.3 million that flowed through...was the loss.

-Voisey Bay royalty stream was $1m for the quarter (double last year)...they said annualized will be $4 to $4.5 million

-they detail several projects...they have been busy...and are heavily marketing their iron ore holdings that are substantial...Rio Tinto has been drilling through their partnership agreement

-they have been searching for gold in the north west territories this summer...interesting

-should be a very interesting fall when all of the results of their work are released

Dazel.

Dazel

« Reply #374 on: September 30, 2011, 05:17:35 AM »

Rick Rule went on record this week that he was buying and was extremely excited about mining stocks. Altius is part of his and the other great investors (eric sprott is now partners with Rule) in the resource network. Rick Rule was part of the IRC deal that Altius did very well in. We expect to see Altius and Paul Van Eden to deploy some capital during this malaise. All of the above are the best in the business at these types of investments. Altius has the cash ready to take advantage of these prices. Their patience will pay off.

Dazel.

gurjot

« Reply #375 on: September 30, 2011, 05:09:41 PM »
hello dazel,
 do you have a link to where rick rule spoke?
thanks

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #376 on: September 30, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »

beerbaron

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #377 on: October 01, 2011, 07:50:08 AM »
I'm happy to have 12% of my portfolio in Altius, I don't know much about resources so I'm glad to delegate to them. It's a nice way to put some resources exposure below book value. Love the citation below.

When we enter into a direct project-level agreement or create an indirect equity interest around a generated project we put
heavy emphasis on the structuring of royalty interests that will reward us should the project reach development and
production. We variably refer to this as our “royalty creation” or “organic royalty” portfolio. Interestingly, this route works best
in strong resource development markets so acts as a natural hedge to the royalty acquisition strategy

BeerBaron

Dazel

Dazel

« Reply #379 on: October 05, 2011, 08:59:51 AM »
After looking closer at Altius' financials it it appears they have at least trimmed Royal Gold prior to July 31st...if this is the case than they more than likely would have sold out of their position when it hit the $80's  in August. It looks like they would have left some money on the table at royal gold  but it also would have added to liquidity during the panic selling over the last couple of months...I am hopeful they (as well as Van Eden) did a lot of buying over the last month!! $200m and no debt puts them in about the best position of any company we see on a per share basis in this environment. We will likely see their merchant banking skills at work.

October will also bring color on NLRC as they had until now to look at other options for company before going back to bankruptcy court.

Dazel.