Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1743984 times)

Dazel

Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #410 on: November 18, 2011, 07:56:53 AM »

We are enjoying watching the share count go down daily....the longer we are down at these levels the better for the long term investor. It's very nice to have altius sitting on a boat load of cash in this environment...as they have many accretive options.

Dazel.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #411 on: November 18, 2011, 08:29:12 AM »
Good point. I hadn't checked canadianinsider.com in a while, but I see that they've been buying between 3k-8k shares/day lately. Very nice.

Now if only they could release the annual report, I'd have zero complaints.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

MrB

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #412 on: November 22, 2011, 06:01:25 AM »
Century Iron Mines Corporation And Altius Minerals Corporation Announces Completion Of Acquisition By Century Of Altius Labrador Iron Ore Properties

Century Iron Mines Corporation and Altius Minerals Corporation announced that their previously announced transaction to acquire four regional iron ore projects in the Labrador Trough has been completed. Century and Altius have entered into a principal agreement pursuant to which Century has agreed to acquire the right, title and 100% interest in and to four groups of early-stage iron ore properties located in the Labrador Trough region of western Labrador held by Altius. These are the Astray, Grenville, Menihek and Schefferville properties (Projects). The consideration for the acquisition of the Projects was more fully disclosed in the Century News Release dated November 10, 2011. As part of the Closing of the transaction, Century and Altius have entered into a royalty agreement pursuant to which Century has granted and will pay to Altius a 1% to 4% sliding scale gross sales royalty in respect of iron ore produced from the Projects on terms and conditions as set out in the Royalty Agreement. The Company has also agreed to incur aggregate exploration expenditures on the Projects in a minimum amount of $28,000,000 and make certain share payments to Altius over a five-year period following the Closing Date contingent on the achievement of NI-43-101 resource definition milestones as previously disclosed.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #413 on: November 22, 2011, 06:57:41 AM »
http://www.alderonironore.com/_resources/news/2011-11-22-NewsRelease.pdf

Alderon Resource Upgrade Program Continues On Course

Alderon Iron Ore Corp. (TSX:ADV) (OTCQX: ALDFF) ("Alderon") is pleased to announce additional assay results from the ongoing drill program on the 100% owned Kamistiatusset ("Kami") Iron Ore Project in western Labrador. These results are from the Rose Central Zone and are all within the currently defined National Instrument ("NI") 43-101 resource estimate. They will be used to upgrade the resource from the indicated and inferred to the measured and indicated categories in preparation for the Feasibility Study.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

beerbaron

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #414 on: November 22, 2011, 09:53:44 AM »
Is that me or the concentration on the new drilling holes is lower then their inferred resourced estimates?

BeerBaron

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #415 on: November 22, 2011, 09:59:04 AM »
Is that me or the concentration on the new drilling holes is lower then their inferred resourced estimates?

BeerBaron

It is, but it was my impression that maybe these were not drilled in the most promising areas (which are those that were drilled first and used for the official estimates), but rather that they are 'bonus'. I could be wrong about that, though.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #416 on: November 30, 2011, 08:13:50 AM »
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/altius-tsx-als-provides-update-of-labrador-west-iron-ore-option-agreement-with-rio-tinto-exploration-canada-2011-11-30?reflink=MW_news_stmp

ST. JOHN'S, NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR, Nov 30, 2011 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) -- Altius Minerals Corporation ("Altius") is pleased to report on exploration activities for its earn-in Option Agreement with Rio Tinto Exploration Canada ("Rio Tinto") in western Labrador, Canada. Under this agreement Rio Tinto may earn up to a 70% interest in 15 map-staked mineral licenses comprising 586 claims covering 14,650 hectares in western Labrador. The optioned licenses have been divided into six different prospects as follows: Bruce Lake, Goethite Bay, Carol Lake, Campground, Huguette Lake and Green Water Lake.

During the 2011 field season, Rio Tinto completed a total of 2633 metres of drilling on the Goethite Bay prospect. The Geothite Bay prospect is located approximately 17 km north east of Iron Ore Company of Canada's Carol Lake operation and 6 km north of the Julienne Lake deposit. Rio Tinto has reported to Altius that drill hole 11LB0027 intersected 279 m @ 29.8% Fe, including 157 m @ 31.9% Fe and 90 m @ 31.9% Fe. Additional drill results are pending.

Altius has received formal notice from Rio Tinto that it has met its first option earn-in obligations on Altius' Labrador West project north of Labrador City by incurring $3 million in exploration expenditures and has therefore earned a 51% interest in the properties. Rio Tinto has a second option to earn an additional 19% property interest by spending an additional $4M by December 2013. In addition to its project interest, Altius retains a 3% gross overriding royalty, 1% of which may be purchased by Rio Tinto for $10 million within the 10th anniversary of the agreement.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #417 on: November 30, 2011, 12:39:42 PM »
Via SH board, Alderon Helicopter crash:

http://www.cbc.ca/labradormorning/episodes/2011/11/29/labrador-west-helicopter-crash---update-from-alderon/

Thankfully, only minor injuries for the people on board, apparently.

Dazel

« Reply #418 on: December 02, 2011, 06:01:15 AM »

For Those waiting for an annual report....there is not one coming....fine details are on sedar which is where I do my due diligence...the annual bulletin serves as their annual...the new "information age" they say...I like that saves money!

I have been quiet here for awhile...we love what management is doing...and we are happy to just sit here and watch their shares get cancelled day by day...the market will figure this one out..but hopefully after they retire a ton of shares!

Dazel

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #419 on: December 02, 2011, 06:57:35 AM »

For Those waiting for an annual report....there is not one coming....fine details are on sedar which is where I do my due diligence...the annual bulletin serves as their annual...the new "information age" they say...I like that saves money!

SEDAR is such a crappy site, I had to do print to PDF to save it..

Too bad about the report -- I like how it saves money, but I also thought they had some of the nicest-looking reports around..

I have been quiet here for awhile...we love what management is doing...and we are happy to just sit here and watch their shares get cancelled day by day...the market will figure this one out..but hopefully after they retire a ton of shares!

If I might ask, are you still accumulating or do you have all that you want? If not, you once said you might reveal your average cost once you were doing buying :) I'm still curious.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 07:10:13 AM by Liberty »