Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1745575 times)

SouthernYankee

• Lifetime Member
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #460 on: January 05, 2012, 02:03:40 PM »
On that Wikipedia page, it mentions the ABC campaign, which seemed to be a rift between the Newfie conservatives and the Stephen Harper-led national conservatives. Is it good to be hiring one of the persons who led that ABC effort?

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #461 on: January 05, 2012, 03:28:12 PM »
On that Wikipedia page, it mentions the ABC campaign, which seemed to be a rift between the Newfie conservatives and the Stephen Harper-led national conservatives. Is it good to be hiring one of the persons who led that ABC effort?

I might be missing something (does the federal government need to give approvals for ADV to get access to the railroad and to power?), but from what I know, it seems to me like the government that they need most on their side is the local NF/L government, not the Federal government in Ottawa, so I think that should be fine.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Dazel

« Reply #462 on: January 05, 2012, 07:52:16 PM »

Dazel

« Reply #463 on: January 10, 2012, 07:17:45 AM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-10/copper-climbs-most-in-a-week-on-record-high-shipments-of-metal-into-china.html

Now are we still worried about a china crash?

We want altius to be taking advantage of the non sense that is in the market place....they may hit on all cylinders this year when the "china crash worry" subsides and commodities stabilize...especially if they have loaded up with some or all of the $300m in cash equivalents (including Alderon)...quiet is good for now.

Dazel.

shalab

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #464 on: January 10, 2012, 07:33:10 AM »
Not sure about China (they have enough resources to keep going for the longest time - much longer than the U.S or Europe) but the Indian government came out and said they will reduce interest rates to increase growth. They are saying they are confident of 8-9% growth for the next ten years. You know my take on these forecasts but generally speaking India is coming off a very low base, much lower than China.

I still believe China resource consumption is not sustainable if they stop to be the factory for the world or if bunch of jobs come back to the U.S

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:38:46 AM by shalab »

Dazel

« Reply #465 on: January 10, 2012, 07:51:13 AM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/03/india-ironore-idUSL3E8C34V920120103

This along with talk of a tax in australia will bring more attention to Labrador, Alderon and  Altius. The world will look for different alternatives...Labrador is proven and has a freindly investment climate.

Dazel.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #466 on: January 10, 2012, 08:15:30 AM »
http://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item.aspx?bid=Z-C%3aADV-1917096&symbol=ADV&region=C

Alderon Iron Ore Corp. has commenced the 2012 winter drilling program at its 100-per-cent-owned Kamistiatusset (Kami) iron ore project in western Labrador. The four month drill program will be focused predominately on North Rose and will include up to 18,000 metres of drilling with six drills. The program will concentrate on infill drilling with the goal of upgrading the current mineral resource into the measured and indicated categories in preparation for the Feasibility Study expected in Q3 2012.

"We are excited to get our 2012 program underway and be back drilling on North Rose," says Tayfun Eldem, President and CEO of Alderon. "Our 2011 program was extremely successful and we are looking forward to building on that success as we work to upgrade our resource in advance of completing the Feasibility Study in Q3. The final phase of drilling represents another major milestone in driving Kami through the development stage into production."

North Rose, together with Rose Central and Mills Lake, have a currently defined NI 43-101 indicated resource of 490 million tonnes at 30.0% iron and an additional inferred resource of 598 million tonnes at 30.3% iron.

The proposed drill hole location map is posted on the Alderon website at: http://www.alderonmining.com/projects/kami/

Alderon's exploration work on the Kami Property is supervised by Edward Lyons, P.Geo., the Chief Geologist for Alderon and a Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101. Mr. Lyons has reviewed and approved the technical information contained in this news release.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

shalab

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #467 on: January 10, 2012, 08:17:46 AM »
This along with talk of a tax in australia will bring more attention to Labrador ...

Fair enough

finetrader

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #468 on: January 10, 2012, 08:18:00 AM »
Le Plan Nord in Quebec should be good for Labrador as well as they are going to develop transportation and telecommunication infrastructures in that area.

http://www.plannord.gouv.qc.ca/english/potentiel/mineral.asp
Live to invest, invest to live

Pick52

« Reply #469 on: January 11, 2012, 07:40:39 AM »
TD has initiated coverage on Alderon with a speculative buy rating and a target price of $5.00.