Author Topic: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals  (Read 1744020 times)

biaggio

• Lifetime Member
Re: ALS.TO - Altius Minerals
« Reply #710 on: June 27, 2012, 08:00:56 PM »
One thing I find strange is that we haven't gotten reports that Altius has been buying back shares in a while. The last time they did, last year (iirc), they filed every few days and it popped up on CanadianInsider. But lately, nothing, despite them putting the buybacks in third party hands to avoid conflicts with material info.

I hope they are buying as much as possible and we're just not seeing the reports filed as quickly as before...

Have wondered that myself especially with recent price weakness.

Because a 3rd party is purchasing would it show up in Canadian insider

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #711 on: June 27, 2012, 08:31:04 PM »
Have wondered that myself especially with recent price weakness.

Because a 3rd party is purchasing would it show up in Canadian insider

There's one showing for June 12:

http://canadianinsider.com/node/7?menu_tickersearch=als

I would assume they still have to file even if it's a third party, since it's still for them, even if indirectly. But I don't know the specifics of those regulations. If anyone knows, I'd love to learn how this works.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #712 on: July 04, 2012, 10:45:06 AM »
http://altiusminerals.com/press-releases/view/261

ALTIUS MINERALS CORPORATION (TSX:ALS) ANNOUNCES STRATEGIC ALLIANCE WITH VIRGINIA MINES INC. Altius and Virginia to jointly undertake grass roots exploration in Quebec and Labrador

St. John’s - Altius Minerals Corporation (“Altius”) is pleased to announce that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) with Virginia Mines Inc. (TSX:VGQ) ("Virginia") whereby Altius and Virginia will cooperate to explore for base metals and precious metals on the North Shore area of Quebec and in southern Labrador .

This strategic alliance merges two project generation teams that have exhibited excellent track records of exploration success and also in attracting strong partners to their respective home jurisdictions in eastern Canada. Altius and Virginia will share their collective experience and databases, co-fund early stage exploration programs, and jointly seek partners for any new projects that are created in eastern Quebec and southern Labrador. Target evaluation is underway and an initial reconnaissance field campaign is being planned for the upcoming field season. Altius will be the operator during the first year.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

bathtime

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #713 on: July 04, 2012, 05:55:09 PM »
The Virginia Mines version of the PR gives a dollar figure on the budget for the strategic alliance - $600k for 2012.

jjsto

« Reply #714 on: July 06, 2012, 06:17:01 AM »

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #715 on: July 06, 2012, 06:44:37 AM »
more buybacks:

http://canadianinsider.com/node/7?menu_tickersearch=als

It looks like they are now reporting them once a month because of their new third party setup.

bathtime

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #716 on: July 06, 2012, 11:10:32 AM »
Fraser Mackensie Metals & Mines comment June 26, 2012

Alderon Iron Ore (TSX:ADV): Analysing the Impact of a Re-priced Hebei Deal – Still a Compelling Investment

http://www.grandich.com/2012/06/grandich-client-alderon-iron-ore-6/

beerbaron

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #717 on: July 06, 2012, 03:01:40 PM »
Anybody knows when the Hebei money is suppose to come trough?

BeerBaron

bathtime

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #718 on: July 06, 2012, 05:21:07 PM »
I think the 90-day timeline for Chinese government approval comes around July 15. My reading of the PR is that if there is no government approval by then, Alderon can do a deal with someone else by paying a penalty fee, but I assume Alderon wants to proceed with Hebei even if approval is delayed.

LTVALUE

« Reply #719 on: July 08, 2012, 05:46:35 PM »
Alderon off-take partner Hebei Steel gets Chinese government approval

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/07/08/hebei-invest-idINL3E8I800X20120708