Author Topic: AMPY - Amplify Energy  (Read 5218 times)

valuedontlie

Re: AMPY - Amplify Energy
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2019, 11:13:01 AM »
right, but if production declines accelerate and oil/gas prices fall and cash flow drops to $0 in 2 years time then i'd bet you'd be happier with some big divvies along the way...

wisowis

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 06:36:57 PM »
Thanks for this idea aws. It was a great call, played out exactly as you suspected. I picked up a bit on Monday morning.

aws

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 05:30:48 AM »
Yes, it was quite fortuitous that the market was crashing on Monday and this could be picked up for $4 while no one was paying attention.  It was trading at an all time low after the merger had been approved, the quarterly results were out, and they had announced a capital return plan was about to drop. Definitely shows the market is not always efficient. The confusion of trading under MPO instead of AMPY on Monday certainly didn't hurt either.  I added a lot on Monday too and it's worked out great. 

aws

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2019, 04:24:02 PM »
Here's their presentation today from Enercom for some additional color if anyone is interested.  It's also pulled back lately so it seems like a good time to get in again.  Still a 15% yield, 50% discount to PD PV-10, 17%+ FCF yield, repurchasing >10% of outstanding shares, etc.

https://www.theoilandgasconference.com/amplify-energy-corp/

given2invest

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2019, 04:42:44 PM »
I bought this last week (in mid 5's unfortunately!) and think exactly as you do.  The 50% return from here will be rather easy; the question will be if I hold on for the 200-300% return that's likely. 

The presentation at Enercom was fantastic.

wisowis

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 08:13:12 PM »
Here's their presentation today from Enercom for some additional color if anyone is interested.  It's also pulled back lately so it seems like a good time to get in again.  Still a 15% yield, 50% discount to PD PV-10, 17%+ FCF yield, repurchasing >10% of outstanding shares, etc.

Thanks for sharing the presentation. I am curious what company (Peer G) trades at a 49.2% FCF yield on slide 12.

given2invest

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2019, 08:38:12 PM »

Thanks for sharing the presentation. I am curious what company (Peer G) trades at a 49.2% FCF yield on slide 12.

I'm told some small australian company but not sure.