Author Topic: AMZN - Amazon.com Inc.  (Read 529799 times)

Spekulatius

Re: AMZN - Amazon.com Inc.
« Reply #2070 on: April 19, 2018, 04:30:23 AM »
The do an amazing job in getting customers sucked in their Business ecosystem. We used to get primes just for the free shipping, but now I use Amazon music, Amazon prime video, Alexa, Amazon locker and we ave an Amazon CC. Amazon went from nice to have to very difficult to replace and the value we are getting is very extremely.

Amazon has an tactic to pay it forward for their customers, they offer value first, then raise prices later. No opinion regarding AMZN as an investment and I don’t own stock.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

walkie518

« Reply #2071 on: April 19, 2018, 01:42:24 PM »
not sure what to think of this other than this should be what the FBI is looking into and not Amazon's problem?

http://mebfaber.com/2018/04/18/how-to-launder-money-with-amazon-aka-why-all-my-books-are-now-free/

LongTermView

« Reply #2072 on: April 20, 2018, 07:15:19 AM »
Is anyone going to the May 30th meeting in Seattle?

LongTermView

« Reply #2073 on: April 24, 2018, 07:53:36 AM »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-can-now-deliver-packages-to-your-car-1524568172

This makes sense imo. Every time we use the valet we're giving a stranger access to our car.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #2074 on: April 29, 2018, 06:12:11 AM »
Bezos interview from a week ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu6vFIKAUxk
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Interesting podcast on sleep science

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Interesting podcast on sleep science

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #2077 on: May 16, 2018, 10:18:56 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-whole-foods/amazon-cuts-whole-foods-prices-for-prime-members-in-new-grocery-showdown-idUSKCN1IH0BM

Whole Foods debuted a much-anticipated loyalty program that offers special discounts to Prime customers, including 10 percent off hundreds of sale items

walkie518

« Reply #2078 on: May 17, 2018, 07:46:02 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-whole-foods/amazon-cuts-whole-foods-prices-for-prime-members-in-new-grocery-showdown-idUSKCN1IH0BM

Whole Foods debuted a much-anticipated loyalty program that offers special discounts to Prime customers, including 10 percent off hundreds of sale items

If only Amazon could fix instacart!  What a nightmare that company is...

vinod1

• Lifetime Member
    • My Blog
« Reply #2079 on: May 18, 2018, 09:17:44 AM »
Someone has written a good description of how fake reviews are done on Amazon:

http://boards.fool.com/all-5-star-reviews-on-amazon-are-fake-33066530.aspx

At first, I could not comprehend what he was saying so when I came back to the U.S., did some research of my own and now clearly see how they are doing this. It has a lot of to do with Facebook and the private Amazon review groups all over the world that are not even disguised and are out in the open for anyone who wants to join. These Facebook groups are set up as discounts and coupons for products sold on Amazon, but in reality their sole purpose it to sign up U.S, UK, and other Amazon buyers all over the world and offer them a refund of their purchases on Amazon if they leave 5-star reviews. The product posters are all Chinese, although some disguise themselves with non-Chinese names and profile photos or locations. They post a product and ask interested parties to PM them. I signed up for a few groups and showed interest in some items to see how they work. Shortly after you show interest in an item and send a private message, you receive a FB Messenger reply from the poster asking first to supply them with your Amazon profile. They want the profile to make sure which Amazon region you are located, and also make sure that you are leaving only good reviews. After verifying the profile, they supply a link to the item and promise to pay you back via Paypal for the item cost, plus any Paypal fees and, in some cases, $3 to $5 bonus.

The volume of the products posted on these numerous Facebook groups is just astounding. There are hundreds of Facebook groups like these set up for all Amazon regions and I see more than 20 to 30 items posted within hours in each one. And happy reviewers are participating as they are scoring free products, all against Amazon rules.

The Chinese seller who explained this to me, told me that it is very easy for them to get as many as 50 or 60 5-star reviews on a new products within just a few weeks. Given that well less than 1% of our legitimate purchasers actually take the time to leave a product review, it typically takes us many many months, lots of advertising dollars, and lots of sales at very low profits or loss to gain that many reviews and they are not all guaranteed to be 5-star either. I just checked a few items we sell to see the percentage of reviews we get. On one item that we started selling last October with over 700 sales, we only have 2 reviews so far, fortunately both 5-star. On another item with sales of well over 3,000 in over one year, we now have 29 reviews.

The fundamental algorithm of life: repeat what works. –Charlie Munger