Author Topic: CSU - Constellation Software  (Read 111906 times)

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
Re: CSU - Constellation Software
« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2018, 09:02:50 AM »
They're really on a roll at this point:

“Perseus has purchased Real Estate Digital LLC from Xome Holdings, excluding its reDataVault product which will be retained by Xome”

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/02/01/1330292/0/en/Constellation-Software-s-Perseus-Operating-Group-Completes-Acquisition-of-Real-Estate-Digital.html
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Watch this, please

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #321 on: February 12, 2018, 04:26:02 PM »
For those who, like me, are curious about the AGM this year, it's going to be on April 26th at 10 a.m.

I was told: “It will start around 10am.  we’ll have our six Operating Group managers available.  Following general Q&A .. will organize six … break-out meetings, each hosted by one of the Operating Group managers.  The content & format will be left to the discretion of the managers”

I'll try to attend, but it might depend how things out of my control. If I can go, I'll do a little drinks get together the evening before like last year.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Watch this, please

KCLarkin

« Reply #322 on: February 13, 2018, 06:55:25 AM »
If I can go, I'll do a little drinks get together the evening before like last year.

I hope you can make it Liberty! Last year was great fun. Having a group of people who all like the same stock is a very powerful filter for finding like-minded investors.

Unfortunately, the CSU AGM is at the same time as the FFH meeting. And the evening before will compete directly with the Premier Fairfax Financial Shareholder’s Dinner. Still, I'd like to do the CSU get-together even if Liberty can't make it.

I know this would be even trickier for you but if you can make it for the CSU AGM, you might consider coming two nights earlier. The Ben Graham Dinner on April 24th is a great event too.

Astrea

« Reply #323 on: February 13, 2018, 10:23:54 AM »
I plan to attend the CSU AGM again this year and will be flying in on 25 April from Boston where I am attending the Tyler Technologies annual conference. Would be good to see you all again.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #324 on: February 13, 2018, 10:31:55 AM »
If I can go, I'll do a little drinks get together the evening before like last year.

I hope you can make it Liberty! Last year was great fun. Having a group of people who all like the same stock is a very powerful filter for finding like-minded investors.

Unfortunately, the CSU AGM is at the same time as the FFH meeting. And the evening before will compete directly with the Premier Fairfax Financial Shareholder’s Dinner. Still, I'd like to do the CSU get-together even if Liberty can't make it.

I know this would be even trickier for you but if you can make it for the CSU AGM, you might consider coming two nights earlier. The Ben Graham Dinner on April 24th is a great event too.

The reason why I'm not sure if I'm coming is because my wife is expecting our second boy in March. If I can get away at all, I'll stay just one night.

It's too bad about the two events being at the same time... If I arrive early enough in town, I might drop by NoRm's pre-dinner meeting at the Fairmount. Then later in the evening I'll probably go have a drink, probably again at the C'Est What, and anyone from here or FinTwit who wants to join is very welcome.

I plan to attend the CSU AGM again this year and will be flying in on 25 April from Boston where I am attending the Tyler Technologies annual conference. Would be good to see you all again.

It was a pleasure to see you last year, I hope to be able to make it this year again. I'll try not to drop my scotch all over myself this time. Cheers!

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #325 on: February 14, 2018, 02:18:11 PM »
Q4: https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/02/14/1348408/0/en/Constellation-Software-Inc-Announces-Results-for-the-Fourth-Quarter-and-Year-Ended-December-31-2017-and-Declares-Quarterly-Dividend.html

Subsequent to December 31, 2017, the Company completed a number of acquisitions for aggregate cash consideration of $278 million (which includes acquired cash).  Deferred payments associated with these acquisitions have an estimated value of $42 million resulting in total consideration of $320 million.

http://www.csisoftware.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Q4-2017-Shareholder-Report.pdf
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:31:59 PM by Liberty »

gary17

« Reply #326 on: February 14, 2018, 02:34:06 PM »
i think this is very solid result ---

FiveSigma

« Reply #327 on: February 14, 2018, 03:41:18 PM »
More capital deployed in half of first quarter than all of 2017!

If this is the new new steady state (even ex-Acceo) - the stock is a bargain.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2018, 04:10:40 AM »
More capital deployed in half of first quarter than all of 2017!

The first quarter isn't even over  ;)

https://twitter.com/LibertyRPF/status/963902133027340288

thowed

« Reply #329 on: February 15, 2018, 07:29:54 AM »
See the end comment.

https://dontfuckwithdonville.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/visa-and-mastercard.html#comment-form

Every year I regret not buying it, and also think it's too late now.  Additional inertia because it's fiddly for me converting the currency.

Appreciate your updates though, Liberty, very helpful in getting a better picture.