Author Topic: FCAU - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles  (Read 778986 times)

kh812000

Re: FCAU - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
« Reply #2580 on: January 11, 2018, 03:19:26 PM »

More positive news on FCAU....

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV FCA, +2.26% FCAU, +7.19% said late Thursday it plans to invest more than $1 billion to modernize a plant in Michigan to make the next generation of its Ram heavy-duty trucks by 2020. The production of the trucks will be relocated to the Michigan factory from a plant in Mexico, Fiat Chrysler said. The move will create 2,500 new jobs, the company said, adding the announcement was made possible in part by the U.S. tax overhaul. The Mexican plant will be "repurposed" to make future commercial vehicles for the global market, the car maker said. In the same statement, Fiat Chrysler said it will pay a $2,000 bonus to about 60,000 hourly and salaried U.S. employees, excluding senior executives, in the second quarter. American Depositary shares of Fiat Chrysler rose nearly 5% in late trading after ending the regular session up 7.2%.

fareastwarriors

Shooter MacGavin

« Reply #2583 on: January 16, 2018, 09:29:34 AM »
It's interesting that the stock was up in Milan 50 bps yesterday after Sergio's interview and it's down 2.50% today on the NYSE.  I'm not sure if there's an explanation.  I believe the reason it's down today is because there was a false perception that Jeep was going to be spun-off, which was never the case, and that was confirmed yesterday.

Do they post the video of these interviews anywhere on the web?

insight

« Reply #2584 on: January 16, 2018, 12:29:26 PM »

Shooter MacGavin

« Reply #2585 on: January 16, 2018, 01:27:21 PM »
insight.  thank you very much.

whiterose

« Reply #2586 on: January 16, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »
FCA US Offers Two Live Webcasts From 2018 North American International Auto Show

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-us-offers-two-live-webcasts-from-2018-north-american-international-auto-show-300581283.html

Thanks!

Sergio quoting Wittgenstein within 3min is just awesome..

Phaceliacapital

« Reply #2587 on: January 22, 2018, 02:04:18 PM »
Post unrelated to Fiat as an investment, but quick question to the sergio followers here. I remember an english book on management/organisation where Sergio wrote the foreword, does anyone remember which book this was? Or am I confusing this with someone else?

Thanks!
The harder you work, the luckier you get.

zippy1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2588 on: January 25, 2018, 07:42:41 AM »
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fca-net-profits-nearly-doubles-131101687.html
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles reported net profit for last year hit 3.5 billion euros ($4.3 billion), compared with 1.8 billion a year earlier, as the company cut its industrial debt nearly in half to 2.4 billion euros.
Net revenues for the year were nearly 111 billion euros, shy of the revenue target of 115 million euros to 120 million euros. Adjusted net profit of 3.7 billion euros exceeded guidance of above 3 billion euros.

Fiat issued full-year 2018 guidance of net revenues above 125 billion euros and adjusted net profit around 5 billion euros. Fiat Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne said the carmaker aimed to report zero debt when it reports second-quarter earnings.

Marchionne, who is planning to step down as CEO next year, said he would lay out the company's new five-year business plan on June 1.

gokou3

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2589 on: January 26, 2018, 12:02:37 AM »
FY2017 results:
https://www.fcagroup.com/en-us/investors/financial_regulatory/pages/latest_financial_results.aspx

First time Sergio hints at returning capital to shareholders:
https://seekingalpha.com/article/4140241-fiat-chrysler-automobiles-fcau-ceo-sergio-marchionne-q4-2017-results-earnings-call-transcript

Sergio Marchionne

If I can just try and take Richard off the hot seat here, this otherwise he is going to get himself into trouble. This question about what we do with capital structure for the group going forward, best reserve for the June 1 presentation. It needs to go through a scrubbing process with the board which is ultimately responsible for this business, we are going to air all so called dirty laundry or versions of dirty laundry with the board, between now and June 1 that I think Richard will be a lot more comfortable giving you as views on structure and share buybacks and dividends then.

So by all means, when you hear about his plan on June 1, you should be the first person to criticize any -- that we creating expansion theory that I designed to conquer the world to the expense of shareholders. I did this obligation that we have is to be fair not only to our people and to the constituency of people whose lives have been interested to us that also big too.

To be fair for the people who provide us capital and to compensate them for their usage. Including share buybacks and the cash accumulation we have to justify it. Iím a proponent of contraction of capital. I think if I can give any advice to my successor and to the board as they should be an integral part of the plan coming forward until 2022. So I'll leave you with that. And then we'll talk on June 1st.