Author Topic: FCAU - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles  (Read 866147 times)

fareastwarriors

Re: FCAU - Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
« Reply #2590 on: February 22, 2018, 07:37:16 AM »

RadMan24

« Reply #2591 on: February 22, 2018, 06:21:48 PM »
Thanks for sharing that was a great read. The best part - they also retooled to make the Jeep Wrangler Truck. Itís going to be expensive, and more practical and has insane demand. They get that right too...stock is $30 or more.

Shooter MacGavin

« Reply #2592 on: February 23, 2018, 06:57:17 PM »

theozmancometh

« Reply #2594 on: March 11, 2018, 09:20:59 AM »
Does anyone know what the ex date will be in order to get the Spinoff, or what the spin off ratio will be?
Besides being a standard special situation, there seems to be an opportunity here to buy FCAU before the spinoff, sell the spinoff stock at open and therefore have acquired FCAU for a pretty low valuation.. Am I missing something?

compoundinglife

« Reply #2595 on: March 11, 2018, 10:34:55 AM »
Does anyone know what the ex date will be in order to get the Spinoff, or what the spin off ratio will be?
Besides being a standard special situation, there seems to be an opportunity here to buy FCAU before the spinoff, sell the spinoff stock at open and therefore have acquired FCAU for a pretty low valuation.. Am I missing something?

Is your logic that FCAU will trade at the same price post spin? That is not a good assumption. You are betting that FCAU will continue to increase in value post spin, you are not capitalizing on a special situation.

All other things being equal (no major changes in the FCAU business ), if FCAU is trading at X I expect it to trade around X - SPINOFF value post spin. If anything I would expect the spin off will trade at a depressed value initially while index funds, mutual funds and others who are not interested in holding the spin off sell their shares. In addition to that who knows when the spin off shares will hit your account. There will likely be many more parties selling their shares and running down the price before you get the chance to sell your shares, unless you wanted to short them at open.

nodnub

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2596 on: March 13, 2018, 11:34:56 AM »

Do you think EXOR will be selling their Magneti Marelli spinCo shares?
Why is FCAU spinning this off?

a) They don't want it?  (it's dragging down the rest of the company)
b) They want to draw attention to the public market value of the various FCAU holdings
c)  ??

fareastwarriors

« Reply #2597 on: April 03, 2018, 11:06:35 AM »

fareastwarriors

Shooter MacGavin

« Reply #2599 on: May 31, 2018, 12:14:34 PM »
anyone have the details (time and such) /weblink for the business plan update tomorrow?  I didn't see it come across anywhere.