Author Topic: GCM.TO - Gran Colombia Gold Corp  (Read 32261 times)

SafetyinNumbers

Re: GCM.TO - Gran Colombia Gold Corp
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2018, 12:37:18 PM »
Went to the AGM today.

My confidence they will raise guidance to 200k or above is increased. I assume they will do this when they release Q2 in August which will coincide with the conversion of the 2018 debentures to shares.

There is also an analyst/investors trip being arranged for September so ideally there will be some analyst coverage at some point soon.

The stock continues to sit around 2.1x EBITDA and each multiple point increase is worth north of C$2/share vs the current price ~C$3.17.

A small increase in valuation combined with the share count increase expected in August along with higher liquidity will make the company eligible for GDXJ. Nothing like indiscriminate buying to make a stock go higher quickly.
Top 5 positions: ELF IAM GCM.NT/GCM PIF EFR.DB

SafetyinNumbers

« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2018, 05:33:28 PM »
Duque wins the Colombian election.

The centre-right candidate campaigned on reducing corporate taxes below 30%. Currently, Colombia is already in the process of big tax decreases from 40% last year to 37% this year and 33% next year. Obviously, a reduction below 30% will further increase free cash flow for GCM.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/18/ivan-duque-wins-election-to-become-colombias-president

SafetyinNumbers

« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2018, 03:02:44 AM »

My confidence they will raise guidance to 200k or above is increased.

Good call,

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2018-07-11/gran-colombia-gold-reports-first-half-2018-gold-production-expects-to-surpass-200-000-ounces-for-the-full-year

Thanks, but with the gold price acting poorly, we’ll see if anyone cares.

The company was marketing in Toronto yesterday and the feedback I received was very constructive.

tombgrt

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2018, 07:52:34 AM »
Ah, the joy of investing in a commodity that is impossible to value that drops like a rock! ;)