Author Topic: GE - General Electric  (Read 64294 times)

rb

Re: GE - General Electric
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2018, 08:09:22 PM »
Does anybody have Steve Tusa's report or knows where I can get it?

Cigarbutt

« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2018, 09:17:12 PM »
Does anybody have Steve Tusa's report or knows where I can get it?
Disclosure: Have followed GE over the years but only superficially.
Looked into this (stocks going down have this effect on me) after reading the article in Graham & Doddsville issue referred to above in the thread.
https://www8.gsb.columbia.edu/valueinvesting/sites/valueinvesting/files/Graham%20%26%20Doddsville_Issue%2034_v22.pdf
I understand there were several ongoing reports with a total over 1500 pages apparently.
There is a 2017 Barron's article "The case against GE" that may be of interest to you.

I also found the following to be useful:
http://www.valuewalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/GE-Framework-Valuation-vs-JP-Morgan.pdf

The work that Mr. Tusa did appears to be convincing but, reviewing this retrospectively, I was wondering how difficult it must have been to separate an impression of a true insight versus the inevitable "endowment" effect with all the work and effort put into this. In the G & D issue, Mr. Tusa explains well the feeling that occurs at the moment that you realize you were right (the "this is it moment"). The kind of feeling you know will produce lasting satisfaction.

Would like to read your opinion about when this falling knife will stop falling.

rb

« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2018, 10:18:45 PM »
Yea I've read the Barron's article and the Columbia interview. But at this point I'm passed reading interviews and summaries. I'd like to get into the weeds. That's why I want to see the big research report.

I'm actively working on this. Which keeps giving me headaches btw. But if I develop something of value I'll be sure to post. I'll just re iterate my request that if anyone has the Tusa report, please let me know.

LightWhale

« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2018, 11:21:29 PM »
Yea I've read the Barron's article and the Columbia interview. But at this point I'm passed reading interviews and summaries. I'd like to get into the weeds. That's why I want to see the big research report.

I'm actively working on this. Which keeps giving me headaches btw. But if I develop something of value I'll be sure to post. I'll just re iterate my request that if anyone has the Tusa report, please let me know.

The server does not allow attaching the report due to its size. Send me your address and i'll email it to you

rb

« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2018, 11:23:39 PM »
Send it to raiocompcan@hotmail.com.

Many thanks for this!

LightWhale

« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2018, 11:40:22 PM »
Sent

BeerBBQ

« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2018, 05:23:44 AM »
What is Tusa's FCF estimate?

maxthetrade

« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2018, 06:41:16 AM »
General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $6 at JPMorgan
JPMorgan analyst Stephen Tusa lowered the price target on General Electric (NYSE: GE) to $6.00 (from $10.00) while maintaining an Underweight rating.
"“RBC” of $100 B in Liabilities/Zero FCF Intact As Focus Shifts From DBS to GEBS (Balance Sheet)," Tusa wrote.

peterHK

« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2018, 09:17:41 AM »
Looks like I bailed on the short too early!

ValueMaven

« Reply #219 on: November 10, 2018, 09:58:13 AM »
I am long in the mid-$11s...small position; although I added yday - either 1) He has a mole inside GE feeding him this info; b/c of the level of analysis is very deep, or 2) This will rip against him over the next 18-24 months.  I am betting w/management here at this point...there are a  lot of levers to pull here at this point..amazing the differences in price targets.  BTW even a rally back to $13 would be a 45% return at this point!!

Culp is keeping his mouth shut and is focused on executing...I like that

BTW: Trian must be getting SMOKED in this name...