Author Topic: GM - General Motors  (Read 513691 times)

Gregmal

Re: GM - General Motors
« Reply #1600 on: October 12, 2018, 05:25:32 AM »
Another guardian of shareholder value

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/d6139960-08bc-34cd-9e41-ed48e5d34594/general-motors-adds-another.html

I wonder how much stock she owns?
Hahahahahahahahahaha, I'm cracking up!!!
Maybe you could share with the rest of us what's that funny.

The new board member has no discernible automotive and as it looks not even really business experience. I think it is fair to say that she would never been elected, if she were male. What exactly does an “expert in geopolitical and macroeconomic climate” do and how is this relevant for GM, one might want to ask?

Edit: Screw it. Life is too short. CoBF is completely toxic board now. Good bye and thanks for all the fish. Have fun.

I know. Somewhere along the lines people decided that it's blasphemous to dare express differing opinions or have the gall to disagree... What a shame. This is the straw that broke the camels back; questioning the benefit to shareholders of an unqualified board appointee.

Gregmal

« Reply #1601 on: October 12, 2018, 05:36:23 AM »
I mean IDK, maybe some off us are off.. If others are exuberant about the fact that this company has drove through one of the greatest autos booms ever, in the midst of the greatest equity market rally ever, WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT; absolutely zero, cool, I guess. IMO Excuses are for losers.

Spekulatius

« Reply #1602 on: October 13, 2018, 08:10:23 AM »
Another guardian of shareholder value

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/d6139960-08bc-34cd-9e41-ed48e5d34594/general-motors-adds-another.html

I wonder how much stock she owns?
Hahahahahahahahahaha, I'm cracking up!!!
Maybe you could share with the rest of us what's that funny.

The new board member has no discernible automotive and as it looks not even really business experience. I think it is fair to say that she would never been elected, if she were male. What exactly does an “expert in geopolitical and macroeconomic climate” do and how is this relevant for GM, one might want to ask?

Edit: Screw it. Life is too short. CoBF is completely toxic board now. Good bye and thanks for all the fish. Have fun.

Other than some over the top rhetoric , I don’t think this thread in GM is toxic. The new board a member certainly has a very lightweight resume, which can be questioned as far as eligibility is concerned for a board like GM. I do disagree on bashing management based on lack of stock performance, especially since many peers haven’t done better and some of them much worse.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.