Author Topic: HHC - Howard Hughes Corp  (Read 57913 times)

BG2008

Re: HHC - Howard Hughes Corp
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2019, 11:34:02 AM »
I'm sticking to my position in Beyond Meat, it is the future.  This move in HHC is Ackman trying to window dress just before quarter end.  Short HHC!!

Are you really long BYND?

How could I not be long a fake meat company that speaks to all the cool new kids with zero barriers to entry?  Yes, it's a trend, but they can grow sales, at OMG like 30% a year, who wants to own a bunch of dirt in Texas and Nevada where all those ignorant people live?  I mean meat without having to slaughter animals versus over 10mm sqft of buildings, 6.2 mm more sqft of condo development in Hawaii, and the South Street Seaport that they are having trouble leasing up?  What would I want to own?  You know the answer.  Yeah, I mean the NOI of the HHC is more than the revenue of BYND meat, but who cares?  BYND is disruptive and of course

#Patties_Over_Seaport_All_Day 
#Save_The_Cows 
#It_Bleeds_Like_A_Murder_Burger
#Disrupt_Meat 
#Like_Meat_But_More_Expensive
#Demand_Outpacing_Supply
#169%_YOY_Growth

merkhet

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2019, 12:10:30 PM »
I'm sticking to my position in Beyond Meat, it is the future.  This move in HHC is Ackman trying to window dress just before quarter end.  Short HHC!!

Are you really long BYND?

How could I not be long a fake meat company that speaks to all the cool new kids with zero barriers to entry?  Yes, it's a trend, but they can grow sales, at OMG like 30% a year, who wants to own a bunch of dirt in Texas and Nevada where all those ignorant people live?  I mean meat without having to slaughter animals versus over 10mm sqft of buildings, 6.2 mm more sqft of condo development in Hawaii, and the South Street Seaport that they are having trouble leasing up?  What would I want to own?  You know the answer.  Yeah, I mean the NOI of the HHC is more than the revenue of BYND meat, but who cares?  BYND is disruptive and of course

#Patties_Over_Seaport_All_Day 
#Save_The_Cows 
#It_Bleeds_Like_A_Murder_Burger
#Disrupt_Meat 
#Like_Meat_But_More_Expensive
#Demand_Outpacing_Supply
#169%_YOY_Growth

You've never met BG2008 in person, have you? :P

Schwab711

« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2019, 12:15:53 PM »
I have and I get he likes RE. The borrow is 160% and he was talking about demand in the BYND thread. Maybe all his posts on BYND were sarcastic and I only took half of them as sarcasm.

BG2008

« Reply #153 on: June 28, 2019, 06:00:15 PM »
I have and I get he likes RE. The borrow is 160% and he was talking about demand in the BYND thread. Maybe all his posts on BYND were sarcastic and I only took half of them as sarcasm.

Schwab,

Just so that there is no confusion.  I am long HHC in a HUUUGE way and the BYND comments are 99% sarcasm.  I do get why the younger kids want the product.  It is more of a poke at the valuation discrepancies of what you own via HHC versus BYND on a look through basis.   

merkhet

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2019, 07:00:38 AM »
I was maybe 98% sure you were kidding about BYND and 2% contemplating whether I needed to hop on a flight to NYC to stage an intervention :)

Deepdive

« Reply #155 on: June 30, 2019, 09:11:57 AM »
If HHC is worth $150-200 as others have mentioned, it seems like there is still good value here

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Ballinvarosig Investors

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2019, 02:16:59 PM »
The run up in HHC will have stung Toby Carlisle's new fund, he has it has his largest short position - https://acquirersfund.com/download-holdings-usbanks.php?fticker=ZIG

I don't own HHC and never will, but is it really the most over-valued company in America?

Gregmal

« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2019, 02:30:03 PM »
The run up in HHC will have stung Toby Carlisle's new fund, he has it has his largest short position - https://acquirersfund.com/download-holdings-usbanks.php?fticker=ZIG

I don't own HHC and never will, but is it really the most over-valued company in America?

Theres always some jerk off somewhere, trying to have his Big Short moment or get his 15 minutes of fame. I get how one can find ways to not like HHC, but in every way, shape or form, you can not dislike HHC, without finding SRG as an even more egregious example of all that one would be turned off by with HHC.

Spekulatius

« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2019, 04:49:07 PM »

Well, he has a bunch of short positions, which I think were initiated at 1% each for modest has created a 0.25% portfolio drag, which is hardly earth shattering. Tobias ZIG fund more or less mechanically screen for the cheapest EV/ EBIT stocks,
 (He calls the ratio acquirers multiple) and the short are picked from the inverse high EV/EBIT multiple. It might be totally mechanical (I am not sure), but it certainly wasn’t a concentrated short big position. I guess his screening method totally ignores NAV too.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.