Author Topic: IBKR - Interactive Brokers  (Read 155237 times)

Hielko

Re: IBKR - Interactive Brokers
« Reply #540 on: April 29, 2019, 06:22:59 AM »
It's not YRIV!  That went from extremely illiquid TO extremely liquid as it collapsed!  It's the opposite of what they are describing.  Go look at volumes in Q4 vs Q1.  SUPER LIQUID!
According to this article it is: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chinese-firm-apos-plunge-cost-080000161.html
The answer, it turns out, is shares of an obscure Chinese company with years of losses, no revenue and a U.S. headquarters located in a New York City apartment. Its name is Yangtze River Port and Logistics Ltd., according to a person with knowledge of the matter who requested anonymity because Greenwich, Connecticut-based Interactive Brokers hasnít revealed the firmís identity.

given2invest

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #541 on: April 29, 2019, 06:50:43 AM »
I just came here to post that...crazy.  I stand corrected!   I guess I see it didn't become liquid till it went below $1.  That chart is so ugly.

Peregrino

« Reply #542 on: April 29, 2019, 09:32:19 AM »
Long article from the WSJ on how Schwab's low fee model is taking market share, shaking up brokerage.

Not a single mention of Interactive Brokers... I don't know whether that's a good thing (IBKR remains under-followed), or a bad thing (no one thinks they are a serious contender)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-schwab-ate-wall-street-11556474103?mod=hp_lead_pos9

fisch777

« Reply #543 on: April 29, 2019, 10:47:31 AM »
Long article from the WSJ on how Schwab's low fee model is taking market share, shaking up brokerage.

Not a single mention of Interactive Brokers... I don't know whether that's a good thing (IBKR remains under-followed), or a bad thing (no one thinks they are a serious contender)

https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-schwab-ate-wall-street-11556474103?mod=hp_lead_pos9

Schwab is such a beast.  Have spent quite a bit of time on both it and IBKR the past few months, and still can't get there, mostly due to NIM exposure.  I get that rates <should> normalize at higher levels at some point/over cycle/etc, but I don't want to pay for it.

As far as why IBKR isn't mentioned, it's just not a contender in the mainstream financial "supermarket" space.  Schwab brokerage is arguably cheaper for most US investors who don't trade often, plus roll in banking accounts, commission-free ETFs/MFs, retirement accounts, etc all under one login.  Anecdotally, it is the only bank/broker I use ex high yield online savings guys.

I suppose IBKR valuation has come down significantly, but has discounted a massive adjustment in forward rate upside expectations, a significant slowdown in new account growth, and the founder/CEO selling 25K shares every day.