Investment Ideas Board

Parsad

Hey Folks,

When you post an idea on the "Investment Ideas Board", please make sure the title is in the format "Symbol - Company Name".  Anything else will be moved to the "General Discussion Board". 

The reason being is that if someone wants to find information on a specific company, all they have to do is click the "Subject" heading and all of the company symbols are arranged alphabetically.  You put anything else in the title, or different than the order above, and that ability to locate a company quickly diminishes. 

I want to keep that board uncluttered, so that it ends up being a very useful long-term resource for boardmembers to reflect and research on ideas, and ultimately how they ended up doing.

Thanks very much.  Cheers!

Hey Folks,

When you post an idea on the "Investment Ideas Board", please make sure the title is in the format "Symbol - Company Name".  Anything else will be moved to the "General Discussion Board".  

The reason being is that if someone wants to find information on a specific company, all they have to do is click the "Subject" heading and all of the company symbols are arranged alphabetically.  You put anything else in the title, or different than the order above, and that ability to locate a company quickly diminishes.  

I want to keep that board uncluttered, so that it ends up being a very useful long-term resource for boardmembers to reflect and research on ideas, and ultimately how they ended up doing.

Thanks very much.  Cheers!

That's a very good rule, Sanjeev, but there are about three dozen Fannie and Freddie preferreds, and I'm away from the office.  If these had been available, should all of these have gone into the header?  We'll post a spreadsheet for them in the near future, but I'm very reluctant to suggest that people buy them unless the government publishes a plan that looks favorable for preferred holders.  In view of this, do you think that this idea should have gone into the general section?

Best wishes, and thanks for keeping this the best investment forum of all.  :)