Author Topic: JPM - JP Morgan  (Read 110675 times)

John Hjorth

Re: JPM - JPMorgan Chase & Co.
« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2018, 05:43:10 PM »
my average cost on JPM is 42.972, but I've added higher than that, bringing up the average.  I've started to lighten up on it in 2018, but that could prove to be a mistake.  $400 Billion today.  That's a big bank.

Awesome to read. Thank you for sharing. To me, it's the worlds best bank, noone near.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:47:49 PM by John Hjorth »
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

chesko182

« Reply #281 on: March 16, 2018, 04:58:49 AM »
Yes, pretty easy to say - afterwards, and in clear hindsight [ right now].

I wonder how many of my fellow board members got in when it was materially lower.

Well, I think this is one example of mistakes of omission that he has made (like Walmart), he clearly knows the bank very well, praises management and its approach to risk, reads the shareholder letter, even has Todd as a Board Member and now has partnered with it in the Healthcare initiative. AND he owns JPM stock in his PA.

I'm sure he was at least close to buying it at some point or another.
twitter: @chesko182

ALLY, JPM, UHAL, BRK, GM, AER, LBRDA, SEMUF, TWX, PRXIQ

merkhet

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #282 on: March 16, 2018, 09:18:44 AM »
Yes, pretty easy to say - afterwards, and in clear hindsight [ right now].

I wonder how many of my fellow board members got in when it was materially lower.

Well, I think this is one example of mistakes of omission that he has made (like Walmart), he clearly knows the bank very well, praises management and its approach to risk, reads the shareholder letter, even has Todd as a Board Member and now has partnered with it in the Healthcare initiative. AND he owns JPM stock in his PA.

I'm sure he was at least close to buying it at some point or another.

IIRC, he's mentioned before that he hesitates to buy JPM because he already owns it in his PA. In other words, he might catch some flack for buying it in the Berkshire account because people might think he's pumping his own PA -- it would be IMHO a stupid criticism because his exposure to Berkshire is >>> his PA.

EdWatchesBoxing

• Lifetime Member
Re: JPM - JP Morgan
« Reply #283 on: March 16, 2018, 11:57:22 AM »
I remember when Citi and Bank of America were discussed on the forum a few years ago. I was the small fish following the whales. I still remember jumping from Citi to B of A, then someone on the board mentioned trading up into quality with JPM. I ended up selling B of A to buy JPM.

villainx

« Reply #284 on: March 16, 2018, 12:34:05 PM »
ftp://
I remember when Citi and Bank of America were discussed on the forum a few years ago. I was the small fish following the whales. I still remember jumping from Citi to B of A, then someone on the board mentioned trading up into quality with JPM. I ended up selling B of A to buy JPM.

I followed a similar course.  I was looking at the discount to book, and potential dividend expansion, and fell under the spell of that sort of reasoning. 

But came around to JPM when I valued quality and strong management more.

CorpRaider

• The Corpraider
« Reply #285 on: March 16, 2018, 03:33:07 PM »
Was that a good move?

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #286 on: April 05, 2018, 04:48:48 AM »

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #287 on: May 16, 2018, 07:59:47 PM »
Looks like Todd Combs has sold his JPM tarp warrants and made an open market purchase of 13,000 JPM shares

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/19617/000001961718000135/xslF345X03/primary_doc.xml

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Interesting podcast (new link)

villainx

« Reply #289 on: June 01, 2018, 01:52:36 PM »
Talk by Dimon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyEadGANbgM

Via https://twitter.com/MinionCapital/status/1002289498959499264

I thought this was posted last year already.  But looking for the link, looks like it's broken.  So at least it's nice to have the youtube link.