Author Topic: KMI - Kinder Morgan  (Read 128295 times)

sys

BargainValueHunter

• Lifetime Member
    • Registered American Broker-Dealers
Re: KMI - Kinder Morgan
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2014, 12:28:56 PM »
http://seekingalpha.com/news/1587263-rich-kinder-buys-200k-kmi-shares-as-smart-money-moves-away-from-kmp

Rich Kinder buys 200K KMI shares as "smart money" moves away from KMP

Rcihard Kinder discloses buying nearly 200K shares of Kinder Morgan (KMI -2.4%) worth ~$6.4M, just four days after disclosure of a 100K share purchase worth ~$3.3M.
    The purchases may add to the perception, discussed in this weekend's negative Barron's piece, of an enormous transfer of wealth from MLP Kinder Morgan Partners (KMP -5.3%) to general partner KMI and that “the smart money has gravitated toward the GP.”
    Rich Kinder owns an $8.1B stake in KMI vs. just $26M in KMP.
Albert Einstein called compound interest "the greatest mathematical discovery of all time".

CorpRaider

• The Corpraider
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2014, 02:14:18 PM »
I would note that KMI was down on El Paso guidance as well (its down more over the past 3 and 6 mos).  But yep, even before the last $6 mill he definitely had placed his chips.

sys

« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2014, 12:11:04 PM »
i continue to be surprised by how poorly correlated the short-term price movements are between kmi and the warrants.

gokou3

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2014, 01:27:45 PM »
i continue to be surprised by how poorly correlated the short-term price movements are between kmi and the warrants.

53M warrant shares traded hand today... wow.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=kmi-wt&d=s

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2014, 02:51:17 PM »
Wasn't the company buying the warrants at $5 or so? Wouldn't that act as a put in this case?
Paul

saltybit

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2014, 09:45:35 AM »

It has negative correlation..  ;D Trading the other way today (common down, warrants up)

ASTA

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2014, 12:12:21 PM »
Any of the experts have an opinion on why Glenn Greenberg bought a 5.6% stake in KMR and not in other vehicle?   

saltybit

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »
Any of the experts have an opinion on why Glenn Greenberg bought a 5.6% stake in KMR and not in other vehicle?

I am not an expert, but if you look in slide 4 in Kinder Morgan's presentation http://www.kindermorgan.com/investor/presentations/Credit_Suisse_2014_Energy_Summit.pdf you will get an explanation of why KMR is better than KMP. (for now)

ASTA

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2014, 01:00:56 PM »
I look at this and think that if I was to buy I just go the easy way of following Kinder in to KMI. Warrants do look interesting its just that I hate leverage and tough structures I need to be comfortable to double down :D Thanks saw the slides before too. Interesting stock for sure at the moment.