Author Topic: KMI - Kinder Morgan  (Read 128303 times)

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member

CorpRaider

• The Corpraider
Re: KMI - Kinder Morgan
« Reply #161 on: June 06, 2014, 07:34:21 AM »
He took down two tranches eh?  Warrants have been acting lively since that horrendously bad article on seeking alpha.

Myth465

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2014, 03:42:27 AM »
The leaps are up 50% in a few months.
Wise I bought more....  ::)

CorpRaider

• The Corpraider
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2014, 05:04:11 AM »
The leaps are up 50% in a few months.
Wise I bought more....  ::)

Yeah, don't jinx us.  haha.  My warrants are up a similar amount.  I was planning to buy more if they dropped below the average price they were repurchased last quarter but that's a whole different zip code now.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 05:08:26 AM by CorpRaider »

saltybit

« Reply #164 on: July 16, 2014, 01:23:36 PM »

CorpRaider

• The Corpraider
« Reply #165 on: July 16, 2014, 02:02:04 PM »
They didn't get any of mine back.  ;)

gokou3

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2014, 10:56:08 AM »
Should I be getting excited as a KMI call holder about this dialogue during the Q2 CC?

Bradley Olsen - Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. Securities, Inc., Research Division

My first question is actually for Rich. And as you might imagine, if you read our note this morning, it's kind of a follow-up on that. You guys are now sitting at a point where you've done billions of dollars of accretive deals over the last few years, and yet KMI remains at a discount to peers that I would imagine is pretty frustrating from your perspective. So as you sit and kind of look at where you're trading versus some of your peer companies right now, do you have any thoughts on that current discount, and whether or not you'd be willing to consider a transaction to reduce Kinder Morgan's cost of capital?
Richard D. Kinder - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Let me just say that we're always exploring operational and strategic opportunities to enhance the value for our investors, including myself. And that includes, among other things, evaluating potential combinations of Kinder Morgan companies. But as I've stated in the past, any such transaction or combination would have to be on terms negotiated between the companies and mutually agreed upon.
Bradley Olsen - Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. Securities, Inc., Research Division

And that would involve just kind of the standard conflict committee process that these arm-length transactions go through?
Richard D. Kinder - Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

That's correct.

I would think if there's any combinations between KMI/KMP/EPB, the price of KMI would go up substantially.

Compounder

« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »
I would think if there's any combinations between KMI/KMP/EPB, the price of KMI would go up substantially.

Why would the price of KMI go up? Aren't they as GP already in an advantageous position compared to the LPs?

gokou3

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2014, 04:13:22 PM »

Why would the price of KMI go up? Aren't they as GP already in an advantageous position compared to the LPs?

This is exactly why kmi deserves a premium on any combination. Say if kmi and kmp combine and form one entity, kmi which was in a superior position deserves to be compensated for giving up those rights.

Compounder

« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2014, 05:02:37 PM »

This is exactly why kmi deserves a premium on any combination. Say if kmi and kmp combine and form one entity, kmi which was in a superior position deserves to be compensated for giving up those rights.

Got it, thanks. So it would be a one time revaluation up for the buyout of the management rights, etc.