Author Topic: KMI - Kinder Morgan  (Read 134294 times)

JRM

Re: KMI - Kinder Morgan
« Reply #370 on: March 26, 2018, 02:31:08 PM »
In addition to that, I think there is a very low probability that the proposed PHMSA "mega-rule" is passed into law under the Trump administration.

Spekulatius

« Reply #371 on: March 26, 2018, 03:00:03 PM »
In addition to that, I think there is a very low probability that the proposed PHMSA "mega-rule" is passed into law under the Trump administration.

The FERC ruling makes very little sense, but I think there is a concern that the overall ROE will be pushed down by the ruling. If example, if MLP do not get reimbursed for taxes, but C-Corp would, and if MLP just accepted that as is, how would C-Corps compete against MLPs in. FERC proposals, since they would be inherently more expensive for customers, everything else being equal?

Again,I donít think the ruling makes sense and will be reversed or amended, but right now customer would need to pay less to MLPs than they would have to C-Corps, so why go with an expensive proposal?
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

benhacker

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #372 on: March 26, 2018, 03:27:58 PM »

The FERC ruling makes very little sense, but I think there is a concern that the overall ROE will be pushed down by the ruling. If example, if MLP do not get reimbursed for taxes, but C-Corp would, and if MLP just accepted that as is, how would C-Corps compete against MLPs in. FERC proposals, since they would be inherently more expensive for customers, everything else being equal?

Again,I donít think the ruling makes sense and will be reversed or amended, but right now customer would need to pay less to MLPs than they would have to C-Corps, so why go with an expensive proposal?

I also agree with pretty much everything here... it's probably a nothing burger but I don't think C-corps can truly say "zero impact"
Ben Hacker
Beaverton, Oregon - USA

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #373 on: March 27, 2018, 06:53:37 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/topstories/alberta-wins-trans-mountain-appeal-in-federal-court/ar-BBKJ7YM?ocid=spartandhp

One more victory of sanity over insanity. However, the obstructionists will continue. Their plan is more lawsuits, protests and keep pushing back even with illegal means. Stand up to them!

Cardboard

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #374 on: April 09, 2018, 06:54:30 AM »
Time to send the army and impose martial law in Lower B.C.:

https://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item.aspx?bid=Z-C%3aKML-2591503&symbol=KML&region=C

Cardboard

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member

RichardGibbons

« Reply #376 on: April 09, 2018, 11:25:02 PM »

https://www.stockwatch.com/News/Item.aspx?bid=Z-C%3aKML-2591503&symbol=KML&region=C

I actually thought of a far easier solution to this that will avoid the constitutional crisis and keep everyone happy.

The federal government has jurisdiction over the pipeline, and they've approved it so Kinder Morgan should be allowed to build it. This will make Alberta happy.

The BC government has jurisdiction over its highways and Lion's Gate Bridge is a huge bottleneck. So, Horgan should add a second, lower level to the bridge to clear up the traffic snarls. If that makes the bridge too low for oil tankers to pass under it, well, that would be just an unfortunate, unavoidable side-effect. And even better, with all the new oil coming into Burnaby that can't be shipped out by sea, gas prices in Vancouver would fall.

Everyone gets what they want! Everyone wins! :)

rb

« Reply #377 on: April 09, 2018, 11:49:27 PM »

Cardboard
It's always nice when patriotic Canadians advocate for illegal acts. Should our military also run protesters and environmentalists over with their tanks while they're there? You know... to smooth things over for future development.

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #378 on: April 10, 2018, 05:29:09 AM »
Quite the opposite, I am advocating for the law to be upheld.

You guys have elected Trudeau and he with his cabinet selected TransMountain to be the project to be built. Northern Gateway was terminated.

Protests have taken place, local meetings were held with concerned citizens and taken into consideration in the design. Final approval was then provided by the government.

Now, if people continue to oppose by force or other means, then they are the ones committing illegal acts or just like the two MP's who were in Court yesterday.

At some point the demonstration is over and things need to carry on. Regarding some of these protesters, I believe that they should be accused of terrorism: destabilizing the country while using foreign funds.

Cardboard

TBW

« Reply #379 on: April 10, 2018, 06:02:11 AM »
There does seem to be a huge constitutional issue if the pipeline is built.  I agree with Cardboard, except for the last part.

You can't have small groups, with no legal authority, block decisions made by an elected government.

What practical steps can the gov't do is my question?  Do they have to grant all permits and provide necessary protection to let construction occur, as local officials are not willing to do?  PM and others seems to be saying all the things they need to, but what practical measures are required?

I think that KMI's actions here increase the likelihood that this gets built.  But I could be wrong.

It is completely bizarre to me that NDP blocks TMX yet wants LNG investment.