Author Topic: LILA - Liberty Global Latin America tracker  (Read 98865 times)

muscleman

Re: LILA - Liberty Global Latin America tracker
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2015, 08:21:16 PM »
FYI, LILAK is trading close to 1$ above LILA. I made the switch.

I've been buying LILA all the way from the beginning. Never understood why LILA is either less than LILAK or is only marginally more expensive.

Maybe some big funds were buying this hand over feast and LILAK has much better liquidity for them to accumulate the positions?  ::)

Hubris

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2015, 03:47:38 PM »
A couple of analyst price target cuts. Anybody have any idea why? Dos anyone also have analyst reports on this?

fa21212

« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2015, 04:02:23 PM »
They cut the price targets because the stock price went down. Sell side at its best.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Interesting podcast on aging research

ni-co

« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2015, 04:17:46 AM »
http://www.wsj.com/articles/malones-liberty-global-in-talks-to-buy-cable-wireless-communications-1445528255

Malone is so smart. When they announced the tracking stock I asked myself why Malone didn't raise his exposure to it when it really was such a great growth opportunity. Well, here we are and he'll even get paid for it to do so. There is close to zero chance that this takeover won't take place and JM not ending up with a hugely grown LILA stake. I would be very very suprised if the purchase price didn't include a large stock component maybe they'll even raise more equity for the takeover. Owning CWC might be a smart move for anybody wanting to acquire more LILA.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 04:29:51 AM by ni-co »

ni-co

« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2015, 04:34:52 AM »
Q3 is out: http://www.libertyglobal.com/pdf/press-release/LG-Earnings-Release-Q3-15-FINAL.pdf

Looks like they brought down their borrowing cost significantly. Fully-swapped borrowing cost for LILA is now down 230 bps to 6.4%. Sounds almost too good to be true.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 04:37:05 AM by ni-co »

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2015, 05:12:02 AM »
Q3 is out: http://www.libertyglobal.com/pdf/press-release/LG-Earnings-Release-Q3-15-FINAL.pdf

Looks like they brought down their borrowing cost significantly. Fully-swapped borrowing cost for LILA is now down 230 bps to 6.4%. Sounds almost too good to be true.

It's not really my area, so I'm not 100% clear on how this works, but it appears that the decreased rate comes with an increased nominal exposure.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Interesting podcast on aging research

giofranchi

• Twitter: @giovfranchi
    • Master School Politecnico di Milano
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2015, 06:41:28 AM »
I have just sold some Liberty Broadband and added some new cash to buy some LILAK.
Is it good diversification, or "diworsification"?

Cheers,

Gio
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:07:08 AM by giofranchi »
Portfolio: AAPL, AMZN, BABA, BOSS, BRK.B, FB, FFH, FIH.U, FINX, FWONA, GOOG, IBB, JPM, LBRDA, MKL, NKE, QQQ, SFTBF, SMH, TCEHY, V, XBI, XT

Fat Pitch

• Crowd Home Plate and Wait for the Right Pitch
    • FatPitchInvestments.com
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2015, 09:58:45 AM »
http://www.wsj.com/articles/malones-liberty-global-in-talks-to-buy-cable-wireless-communications-1445528255

Malone is so smart. When they announced the tracking stock I asked myself why Malone didn't raise his exposure to it when it really was such a great growth opportunity. Well, here we are and he'll even get paid for it to do so. There is close to zero chance that this takeover won't take place and JM not ending up with a hugely grown LILA stake. I would be very very suprised if the purchase price didn't include a large stock component maybe they'll even raise more equity for the takeover. Owning CWC might be a smart move for anybody wanting to acquire more LILA.

I think you are on to something here.

Im thinking about selling my LILA shares in my taxable account to recognize the ST loss and move the proceeds into CWC. Malone owns a big chunk of CWC and I have a feeling he launched the LILA tracking stock hoping for it to become undervalued and using it as a vehicle to transfer his ownership in CWC for a disproportionate stake in LILA. Since LILA is still technically part of Liberty Global I'm guessing he can shuffle the balance sheet a bit in his favor as well before officially spinning it off.
Where Seeking Out Risk Adjusted Return is our Passion!

jay21

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2015, 11:34:26 AM »

I think you are on to something here.

Im thinking about selling my LILA shares in my taxable account to recognize the ST loss and move the proceeds into CWC. Malone owns a big chunk of CWC and I have a feeling he launched the LILA tracking stock hoping for it to become undervalued and using it as a vehicle to transfer his ownership in CWC for a disproportionate stake in LILA. Since LILA is still technically part of Liberty Global I'm guessing he can shuffle the balance sheet a bit in his favor as well before officially spinning it off.

I don't think Malone will push through an unfair deal in his benefit so I don't have much of an incentive to switch. If it is cash/stock and CWC gets bought, we may have to pay taxes on the cash portion.
@jay_21_