Author Topic: LILA - Liberty Global Latin America tracker  (Read 98864 times)

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Interesting podcast on aging research

meiroy

• Lifetime Member
Re: LILA - Liberty Global Latin America tracker
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2016, 08:11:18 PM »
Buybacks announced, 300m:

http://www.libertyglobal.com/pdf/press-release/Liberty-Global-Buyback-Program-LiLAC-FINAL.pdf

"The program will commence immediately and runs until year-end 2019.
Mike Fries, Chief Executive Officer, said, “The establishment of this buyback program for LiLAC tracking stock
demonstrates confidence in our business and its prospects"

Wanker.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:51:09 PM by meiroy »

WayWardCloud

« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2016, 09:59:07 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but that represents 1% of the market cap spread-out over 3 years. Fries is so promotional... Each of his publications seems like a tricky way to make us see positive signs. If that's his attempt at reassuring shareholders after Friday's drop (which he also tried to conceal in a smoke of mis-leading language in the Q3 report) he must really thinks of his shareholders as dummies  ???

maybe4less

« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2016, 10:22:19 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong but that represents 1% of the market cap spread-out over 3 years. Fries is so promotional... Each of his publications seems like a tricky way to make us see positive signs. If that's his attempt at reassuring shareholders after Friday's drop (which he also tried to conceal in a smoke of mis-leading language in the Q3 report) he must really thinks of his shareholders as dummies  ???

Don't disagree that Fries has gotten more and more promotional, but I think your calculation is off by about an order of magnitude.

WayWardCloud

« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2016, 11:21:46 PM »
Oh you're right, I used Liberty Global Europe's market cap instead of Latin America's by mistake.
With a market cap of 3.36B, 300M represent 8.93% of shares being repurchased.
Thanks for pointing it out.

For those of you who are shareholders, are you guys adding, holding, selling?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 11:28:57 PM by WayWardCloud »

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2016, 05:56:01 AM »
Buybacks announced, 300m:

http://www.libertyglobal.com/pdf/press-release/Liberty-Global-Buyback-Program-LiLAC-FINAL.pdf

"The program will commence immediately and runs until year-end 2019.
Mike Fries, Chief Executive Officer, said, “The establishment of this buyback program for LiLAC tracking stock
demonstrates confidence in our business and its prospects"

Wanker.

The date doesn't mean that the buybacks will be evenly distributed until then. It's just a way to keep it open-ended. They have limited FCF right now, but it should pick up next year. They could use the whole 300m quickly with a bit of debt and pay it back next year, or if the stock bounces back immediately (not a prediction), they could sit on it and have it available until 2019 as an option.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Interesting podcast on aging research

scorpioncapital

• Lifetime Member
    • scorpion capital
« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2016, 06:46:07 AM »
Promotional could mean proactive, glass half full sort of thing. Not saying Latam cable is the best business in the world but like at IBM and other companies that have some troubles, proactive ceo's are sort of doing capital allocation decisions that an activist might do if they had to come in, seems like pre-empting such complaints.

rogermunibond

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2016, 08:41:10 AM »
Digicel has problems

Read more: http://www.caribbean360.com/business/troubling-signs-ahead-digicel

LONDON, England, Monday December 19, 2016 – A leading voice on global credit markets has raised a red flag about the operations of telecommunications provider Digicel.

Independent research provider CreditSights has released a gloomy report about the company, which operates in 32 Caribbean countries, warning that turbulent times were ahead.

In the presentation released in London, entitled ‘Digicel: Should I stay or go’, CreditSights debt analyst Michael Chakardijan said the company was burdened with high debt estimated at more than US$6 billion and this was unsustainable.

“We view that there is limited to no equity cushion. This gives the company little wriggle room for poor performance and there is not an immaterial threat of distress in the event of poor results in key markets,” he said in a report published in the Irish Examiner.

Digicel, which is owned by Irish businessman Denis O’Brien, has rejected the report, saying: “Digicel’s outlook remains positive with robust plans to deliver by monetizing our network investment and through realistic cost- management initiatives.”

DIGICEL FOUNDER DENIS O’BRIEN
The company has, however, embarked on a major cost-cutting plan and hired financial consultants McKinsey and Goetzpartners to help cut its massive debt burden.

The plan, dubbed Project Swan, includes using more technology and the streamlining of back office functions to maximize efficiencies.

At the same time, Digicel said it would significantly grow its earnings and is pinning its hope on a significant drop in expenditure when its cable and fibre programme begins to bear fruit.

Last month, the company assured bond market investors that these initiatives would increase it profits by 24 percentage points by March 2018, leading to a return to growth.

CreditSights is however not convinced. Chakardijan described the plans as “highly ambitious” and “opaque” and doubted management’s ability to deliver.

“We believe management’s deleveraging plans come with substantial execution risk, which is a very important point,” he said.

The expert explained that Digicel’s debt woes were compounded by declining interest in its services, noting that revenues from phone calls have dropped as users opt for calling services provided by Viber, Whatsapp and Skype.

Chakardijan said the company also had to be concerned about currency fluctuations in some of its overseas markets.

In October last year, O’Brien pulled an initial public offering of Digicel shares, in which the company was seeking to raise as much as US$2 billion to help lower its debt mountain, expand operations and list on the New York Stock Exchange.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2017, 08:12:04 AM »
Q4 is out.

LiLAC Group Highlights
• Gained 94,000 organic RGUs in 2016, powered by strong broadband additions
• Reported 47,400 mobile subscriber additions in 2016, with majority on postpaid
• Stabilized CWC revenue YoY in Q4 2016
• Delivered solid 2016 rebased revenue growth of 6% in Chile
• Operating income for LiLAC Group increased 29% in 2016
• LiLAC Group delivered 6% rebased OCF growth in 2016, including 9% growth excluding CWC
    CWC Q4 U.S. GAAP OCF reported $226 million, ahead of Q4 target
• Closed CWC deal in May of 2016; integration ongoing
    Expecting $150 million of synergies due to LiLAC/CWC integration by 2020

Here's the presentation:

http://www.libertyglobal.com/pdf/presentations/LiLAC-Group-Investor-Call-Q4-2016-Presentation-FINAL.pdf

HalfMeasure

« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2017, 04:16:09 PM »
Can anyone comment on Q4 results compared to Q3? Just started following the situation recently and I'm trying to get up to speed - seems like quite the quarter-to-quarter round trip in a business that's usually coveted for the recurring nature of the revenue base.