Author Topic: RX - Biosyent  (Read 71057 times)

snowball82

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 303
Re: RX - Biosyent
« Reply #190 on: May 31, 2018, 09:28:39 PM »
I still own my large position I bought few years ago. Good quarter results while the company waits for new approvals.

http://www.biosyent.com/q1-18/#.WxDKSZ9KiUl

"We've had a pretty strong start to the second quarter with a number of brands hitting all-time records and it's unusual for us to have that in April/May. Typically we see that in October/November. So that seems to indicate well that we've got good momentum as we go towards the balance of this year."

Nice exemple about Cysview (US)

http://www.good4utah.com/news/imc-bladder-cancer-medical-innovations_20180522002001/1191485695


snowball82

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 303
Re: RX - Biosyent
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2018, 01:53:08 PM »

snowball82

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 303
Re: RX - Biosyent
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2018, 05:23:45 AM »

wisowis

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 84
Re: RX - Biosyent
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2018, 02:18:20 PM »
They need to figure out something to do with their stockpile of cash that keeps growing endlessly.

They are now sitting on $21 million of cash, or ~$1.45/share, or ~15% of their market cap at today's prices.

Cash/cash equivalents/short term investments:
2014 - 8.0 million
2015 - 9.7 million
2016 - 13.7 million
2017 - 19.3 million
Q2 2018 - 21.0 million

wisowis

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 84
Re: RX - Biosyent
« Reply #194 on: March 10, 2019, 09:32:36 AM »
Think we are going to see good Q4 results. International sales were unusually low in Q3, due to permit issues, which muted the reported overall growth of the business. So in Q4 either (a) the International sales bounce back, in which case the reported growth will be strong, or (b) the International sales remain low, and the results will still be good because the Canadian business has consistently shown good growth. If I recall correctly from the Q3 call, they don't expect the permit issue to be resolved until second half of 2019, so probably (b) is the more likely scenario.

Also good to see they've issued a NCIB to use some of that cash pile to buy back shares: http://biosyent.com/rx/press_releases/December%20_4th,2018_BioSyent%20Announces%20Normal%20Course%20Issuer%20Bid.pdf

...even though the cash pile is so large that it won't put much of a dent in it.

KCLarkin

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1644
Re: RX - Biosyent
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2019, 09:01:15 AM »
Price is starting to get interesting.

Stock is down 9% after the company announced that two potential cardio products received "notice of deficiency" from the Canadian regulators. I don't know the long term impact of this, but these products were expected to be significant growth opportunities.

Regardless, I prefer to value the company on the current portfolio. The big issue is that Feramax unit sales in Canada seem to have peaked. International sales are too lumpy. And the growth products are still relatively small.

Any thoughts?

david_lai

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Re: RX - Biosyent
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2019, 11:18:25 AM »
I think it is another delay instead of a dead end here, so share price drop is good for those who want to initiate a position here. The 2 cardiovascular products are believed to be another "Fermax" according to CEO previously, which represents very important future growth.

But the point here is, do we know usually how along this kind of forth and back process with Health Canada takes?

Liberty

  • Lifetime Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 11166
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen