Author Topic: 975.HK - Mongolian Mining Corp  (Read 17490 times)

muscleman

Re: 975.HK - Mongolian Mining Corp
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2017, 07:40:00 AM »
No one cares about this?
I finally got the bonds sold at very good prices after moving from IB to TD Ameritrade. It only took one phone call and one hour wait. In IB I waited for months without getting a bid.
I am so pissed with IB that  I am going to move all of my other positions to TD.

Care to share your annualized return on this?

About 50% for this one. Should have been much higher because I am supposed to get the new bonds in May but I forgot to file some paper work to agree with their restructuring deal, so I was horrified in May to find out that I was still holding the old bonds and I had to file paper work to get the new bonds and they won't give me the 2% incentive fees for voting yes because I missed the voting.

Then I finally got the bonds in August, but IB is such a lousy broker that they spent months and told me that they could not find any bids for the bonds. I got scared that I may not be able to sell at all and got stuck with these bonds.

I eventually found out that TD Ameritrade is able to sell these bonds, so I requested a transfer, which took months to happen. The bonds finally hit my account yesterday. I called TD, and in just one hour, they were sold. Great relief!

You don't know how much pain I suffered. But in the end, my original analysis was correct. The bonds had lower risk and higher returns. Had people bought the stock instead, they'd be down 40% now.

I had enough with IB that I am going to transfer everything to TD now to thank them for the bond trade.

IB had non-existent order execution quality. I had accounts in Fido, IB and TD recently and place orders simultaneously. I always get the worst fill in IB.  >:(

awindenberger

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 07:13:17 AM »
Its been a while since anyone discussed this stock here, and I just noticed the stock is trading at annual lows despite what seems to have been a reasonable 2017 result.

http://www.mmc.mn/upload/2018-03-22_e_00975ann-20180322.pdf

Anyone else here been paying any attention to this? I just came back across it and with the recapitalization having been completed and positive earnings in spite of continuing border crossing issues, seems like there is less risk today than a year ago.

cherzeca

« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2018, 03:41:55 PM »
>80 MM shares traded, up > 35%

news?