Author Topic: CPH:PNDORA - PANDORA A/S  (Read 4019 times)

HalfMeasure

Re: CPH:PNDORA - PANDORA A/S
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2018, 09:21:38 AM »
Anyone following this have an updated view after the most recent results?

John Hjorth

Re: CPH:PNDORA - PANDORA A/S
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2018, 11:49:38 AM »
HalfMeasure,

I'm still following Pandora, but on a much more overall and cursory level than before it got sold.

I still think it's a fairly good company, but the doubt about the long term prospects for the company is still bugging for my part. Is it brand erosion and loss [perhaps permanently] of pricing power, that we are observers to right now? Compared to the largest behemoths of peers in the overall space [LVMH, Kering & Richemont] it is in reality tiny, and with no real anchor investor, which makes it vulnerable.

The news release of yesterday from the company announcing the "NOW" programme instated by Mr. Boyer reads to me like he is doing the right thing, making internal demands for improved efficiency in all stages of the supply chain, cutting back on "external" expansion [new stores] and focusing on better performance per existing store. The product development strategy appears to me to be unchanged, however Mr. Boyer demands the whole process speeded up materially. He is giving the company a thorough shake-up.

I saw a video with an interview with Mr. Boyer yesterday in connection with the company announcement. He appeared tired, verging to being worn out - already. Why hasen't the board solved its task of appointing a new CEO yet? The company is somehow in a managerial vacuum still, now after about three months? -Nobody can in a company of this size fill both CEO and CFO position for a longer period, when the company is under some pressure. -Nothing is "straight down the road" here & now.

- - - o 0 o - - -

For my part, what also happened with Pandora was that I had started studying LVMH back in May this year - much more expensive, but also mentally easier to handle for me, because of built-in diversification. So I somewhat persuaded my brother that Pandora had to go, because my mental load was already absolutely sufficient by my <basket of three major US banks>, NVO & SCO.CPH. In short, it became mentally annoying to have it in an account, despite the position was small, it was not my decision that it was there, and it was occupying a part of my time and focus.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 12:54:05 PM by John Hjorth »
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

John Hjorth

Re: PNDORA.CPH - Pandora A/S
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2018, 08:49:19 AM »
Rear mirror view: Ouch. I'm happy I got my brother out ~ DKK 390 here from late August to mid September this year. Now at ~DKK 260. Just luck.
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai