Author Topic: NXPI -NXP Semiconductors N.V.  (Read 14738 times)

Spekulatius

Re: NXPI -NXP Semiconductors N.V.
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2018, 03:53:42 PM »
Why do you guys think this is cheap? Going with 6 month FCF, I get ~1.5B annualized and market cap of ~28B, it's trading at ~18 P/FCF and similar EV/FCF. Yeah, there was $2B termination fee, but even with that cash ~= debt. (Not looking at earnings, since P/E looks much worse). OK, it's not very expensive, but it's also a semicon, which are cyclical.  ::) Does it have a moat? It's not Intel or Arm for sure.

I think market cap is around $25B and FCF is $1.7-1.8B or a 7% FCF yield. Itís not super cheap, but it isnít expensive at all. Yes, I agree the working capital changes should be ignored.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

Gregmal

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2018, 03:36:48 PM »
Where's Elliot? If it was "surely" worth $135 standalone a couple months ago, I'd expect them to be making a bid real soon! If they weren't dishonest and largely full of shit...

given2invest

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2018, 04:53:06 PM »
Where's Elliot? If it was "surely" worth $135 standalone a couple months ago, I'd expect them to be making a bid real soon! If they weren't dishonest and largely full of shit...

Go look at the filings...they were selling aggressively in the 90's most deal break.

ValueMaven

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2018, 04:55:45 PM »
This is my largest position and I am underwater...

Its trading at like 9.5x earnings, growing like a weed, buying back a ton of stock, clean balance-sheet, and now pays a divy.  NXP is the post child of a buster merger-arb gone wrong.  Right now its being thrown out with the broader semi-space selloff. 

If it keeps selling off, i will buy more

Spekulatius

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2018, 05:16:59 PM »
This is my largest position and I am underwater...

Its trading at like 9.5x earnings, growing like a weed, buying back a ton of stock, clean balance-sheet, and now pays a divy.  NXP is the post child of a buster merger-arb gone wrong.  Right now its being thrown out with the broader semi-space selloff. 

If it keeps selling off, i will buy more

Agreed, but I have seen some really whacky prices  with semis over the years. also, the business can turn on a dime and run cold for 2-3 quarters. In the long run, this looks like winner, but the ride could be a bit bumpier than envisioned. I bought a few more today as well.

Gregmal

« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2018, 05:19:42 PM »

Go look at the filings...they were selling aggressively in the 90's most deal break.

I was being sarcastic. I know they are hypocritical pieces of shit.

given2invest

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2018, 06:33:41 PM »

I was being sarcastic. I know they are hypocritical pieces of shit.

After this bullshit ATHN "bid" their cred is largely shot.

Spekulatius

« Reply #87 on: October 11, 2018, 03:42:00 PM »
I highly recommend going through the 9/11 investor presentation to anyone interested in NXPI:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?t=1&item=VHlwZT0yfFBhcmVudElEPTUyNzQ0OTB8Q2hpbGRJRD02OTk5NTU=

colinwalt

Spekulatius

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2018, 09:32:45 AM »
^ Thank you. My link posted above is in fact broken.