Author Topic: OSS.V - OneSoft Solutions  (Read 7611 times)

grandmasterG

Re: OSS.V - OneSoft Solutions
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 11:20:52 AM »
it's not easy to get the data from the pipeline operators, they like to keep them to themselves
before Onesoft came with their product, pipeline operators got the data from the pipeline inspection in a huge excel sheet and had engineers look at them manually for months to check for anomalies, this was not very efficient, Onesoft can do it in a couple of hours with more accuracy
they got the data from Philips 66 two years ago and used this data to improve and finetune their algorithms, now today as far as I know they are the only one with a product with AI and future competitors would have a hard time convincing pipeline operators to give them their data, meanwhile Onesoft has used the data from other companies the past year in pilot programs to further improve their algoritms, so a new competitor would have a hard time to catch up
It has also taken them a long time to convince the pipeline operators to try their new product and change the way they have been doing this for decades, but  now they seem to be reaching the point where the early adopters have already signed up and the rest will soon follow

grandmasterG

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 03:08:12 PM »
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/energy/article/Big-Tech-aims-for-a-piece-of-Big-Oil-13692195.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Nice article on how AI and cloud computing power are starting to transform the oil & gas sector, shows how OSS is coming with their product at exactly the right time

share price has been moving up lately, interest in the company seems to be gradually increasing

grandmasterG

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 04:51:25 AM »
now the first broker is following OSS: Beacon Street starts with a speculative buy and a price target of CAD 1.75, volume was 2 million shares yesterday after the report, so they got some investors interested with their report

grandmasterG

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2019, 02:11:10 PM »
a new client, the biggest so far, an extra 20.000 miles, so now they should be profitable this year !

OneSoft Subsidiary Announces Adoption of CIM By Another Large N.A. Pipeline Operator

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/onesoft-subsidiary-announces-adoption-cim-110000668.html

grandmasterG

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 02:27:15 AM »
interesting short interview with the ceo, he also says that they are adding more functionality to the platform so they can get from $100 per mile pipeline now to $ 200 and $300 in the future
if they can achieve that, than they are going to be very profitable in a few years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEDenbOd9Rg

david_lai

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 09:52:52 AM »
What functionality will provide 1-2x markup in selling price? I have followed this company for some time but never put in my money due to the valuation. But seems the stock won't let me have the chance to get in. Sad

grandmasterG

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 10:00:43 AM »
What functionality will provide 1-2x markup in selling price? I have followed this company for some time but never put in my money due to the valuation. But seems the stock won't let me have the chance to get in. Sad
From last month's management discussion & analysis:
Some  of  our  clients  who  understand  the  benefits  of  transforming  CIM  to  a  platform  desire  additional  synergistic
functionality and have expressed interest in contributing collaborative user input and resources necessary to evolve the
CIM platform.  This includes advanced probabilistic risk models designed to operate in accordance with PHMSA’s future
guidance requirements, incorporation of additional datasets to the CIM platform leveraging of data science and machine
learning techniques to simulate and improve upon certain Monte Carlo methodologies that are used within the industry
today and safety management systems (“SMS”). Similar to the CIM 3.0 development sprint in 2018, future sprints will be
conducted in accordance with “The Lean Start‐up” software development model, wherein client and prospect feedback
will drive functionality and development priorities in the product being developed.   

I think the valuation is still cheap, OSS is only beginning, revenue should ramp up significantly in the next two years

Sharad

• Blogging About Money
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 12:14:14 PM »
Did anyone look at the proxy for the AGM? Any comments on the vote for the stock option plan? They are looking to approve a rolling 10% stock option plan for the company...
"If we are not able to ask skeptical questions, to interrogate those who tell us that something is true, to be skeptical of those in authority, then we are up for grabs for the next charlatan - political or religious - who comes ambling along."
- Carl Sagan