Author Topic: PCLN - Priceline Group Inc.  (Read 76981 times)

Happy

Re: PCLN - Priceline Group Inc.
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2018, 02:04:29 AM »
When I went to the Berkshire meeting this year, I booked my Omaha-hotel several months in advance through Booking. The previous years I had used Expedia and had no problem. The price of my room was like $57/night. Two days before my trip, Booking wrote to me that the price of my room had been a "mistake" and that the correct price now is $105 (don't remember the exact amounts, but it was almost double what I signed up for). Either I could accept this "corrected" price within 48 hours or they would be so kind as to cancel my booking free of charge... I actually saw the email on time only because I was preparing for the trip and stumbled upon it. Else they would have just canceled my room and obviously a few days before the meeting there is pretty much no alternative left in all of Omaha. I accepted, but clearly this left a very bad impression on me. I wonder how much they do something like this. This behavior clearly concerns me as a Booking-shareholder. Has anybody heard of similar problems?

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2018, 05:09:28 AM »
Q2: http://ir.bookingholdings.com/static-files/c63b9479-1de4-49e6-b505-22cf9f14fb99

gross travel bookings were $23.9 billion, an increase of 15% over a year ago (approximately 11% on a constant-currency basis).
total revenues for the 2nd quarter were $3.5 billion as compared to gross profit of $3.0 billion, a 20% increase from the prior year (approximately 16% on a constant-currency basis).
Net income in the 2nd quarter was $977.4 million, a 36% increase versus the prior year.
Net income was $20.13 per diluted share, a 40% increase as compared to the prior year.
Non-GAAP net income in the 2nd quarter was $1.0 billion, a 32% increase versus the prior year. Non-GAAP net income was $20.67 per diluted share, a 36% increase compared to $15.14 per diluted share a year ago.
Adjusted EBITDA for the 2nd quarter was $1.3 billion, a 35% increase versus a year ago.
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2018, 01:31:54 PM »
Q3:

http://ir.bookingholdings.com/static-files/2238f5fb-918c-41de-81b7-d33f8fdfd0e3

Third quarter gross travel bookings for Booking Holdings Inc. (the "Company," "Booking
Holdings," "we," "our" or "us"), which refers to the total dollar value, generally inclusive of taxes and fees, of all
travel services booked by its customers, net of cancellations, were $24.3 billion, an increase of 12% over a year ago
(approximately 14% on a constant-currency basis).

Booking Holding's total revenues for the 3rd quarter were $4.8 billion as compared to gross profit of $4.4 billion, an
11% increase from the prior year (approximately 13% on a constant-currency basis). Net income in the 3rd quarter
was $1.8 billion, a 3% increase versus the prior year. Net income was $37.02 per diluted share, an 8% increase as
compared to the prior year. Net income in the 3rd quarter of 2018 includes before tax amounts of approximately $31
million of net unrealized gains on marketable equity securities, pursuant to the adoption of a new accounting update
effective for periods beginning after December 31, 2017, and an unfavorable net travel transaction tax charge of
approximately $22 million related to prior periods, which includes approximately $1 million of interest income
from a related matter.

Non-GAAP net income in the 3rd quarter was $1.8 billion, a 2% increase versus the prior year. Non-GAAP net
income was $37.78 per diluted share, a 7% increase as compared to the prior year.

wisowis

« Reply #184 on: February 23, 2019, 11:32:28 AM »
Going over Q4 2018 portfolio changes for some funds, I noticed that Alta Rock Partners blew out their entire ($238 million) position. From 22% of their portfolio to 0. And they were still adding to the position in Q3.

https://whalewisdom.com/filer/altarock-partners-llc#tabholdings_tab_link

Wonder what spooked them.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2019, 01:29:54 PM »
BKNG Q4:

http://ir.bookingholdings.com/static-files/65572aa4-8f00-4ad9-ba1e-d9f447e72285

Fourth quarter gross travel bookings for Booking Holdings Inc. (the "Company", "Booking Holdings," "we," "our" or "us"), which refers to the total dollar value, generally inclusive of taxes and fees, of all travel services booked by its customers, net of cancellations, were $19.6 billion, an increase of 9% over a year ago (approximately 13% on a constant-currency basis).

Booking Holdings' total revenues for the 4th quarter were $3.2 billion, as compared to gross profit of $2.8 billion in the 4th quarter of 2017, a 16% increase from the prior year (approximately 21% on a constant-currency basis). Net income in the 4th quarter was $646 million, or $13.86 per share, including before tax amounts of approximately $474 million of net unrealized losses on marketable equity securities, pursuant to the adoption of a new accounting update effective for periods beginning after December 31, 2017, and a $48 million income tax benefit primarily due to the one-time transitional tax on mandatory deemed repatriation of accumulated unremitted international earnings as a result of the U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (“Tax Act”) enacted in December 2017.
The $555 million, or $11.41 net loss per share in the 4th quarter of 2017 included $1.3 billion of provisional net income tax expense recorded pursuant to the Tax Act. The provisional net income tax expense was comprised of approximately $1.6 billion of income tax expense related to the mandatory deemed repatriation of estimated accumulated unremitted international earnings, partially offset by a net income tax benefit of approximately $217 million related to the remeasurement of the Company's U.S. deferred income tax assets and liabilities due to the reduction of the U.S. federal statutory tax rate from 35% to 21%.

Non-GAAP net income in the 4th quarter of 2018 was $1.0 billion, a 25% increase versus the prior year. Non- GAAP net income was $22.49 per diluted share, a 33% increase compared to $16.86 per diluted share a year ago. Adjusted EBITDA for the 4th quarter of 2018 was $1.3 billion, a 17% increase versus a year ago. Non-GAAP net income and adjusted EBITDA for the 4th quarter of 2018 exclude the net unrealized losses on marketable equity securities of approximately $474 million before tax. In addition, Non-GAAP net income for the 4th quarter of 2018 and 2017 excludes the $48 million income tax benefit and $1.3 billion income tax expense, respectively, related to the Tax Act, as mentioned above. The section below entitled "Non-GAAP Financial Measures" provides definitions and information about the use of non-GAAP financial measures in this press release, and the attached financial and statistical supplement reconciles non-GAAP financial results with Booking Holdings' financial results under GAAP.

For the full-year 2018, Booking Holdings had gross travel bookings of $92.7 billion, a 14% increase compared to 2017 (approximately 13% on a constant-currency basis). Booking Holdings' total revenues in 2018 were $14.5 billion, as compared to gross profit of $12.4 billion in 2017, a 17% increase from the prior year (approximately 16% on a constant-currency basis). International operations contributed full-year revenues of $13.0 billion, a 17% increase versus the prior year (approximately 17% on a constant-currency basis).

Non-GAAP net income for the full-year 2018 was $4.4 billion, a 16% increase versus the prior year. Non-GAAP net income was $92.59 per diluted share, a 20% increase compared to $77.03 per diluted share a year ago. Adjusted EBITDA for 2018 was $5.7 billion, an 18% increase over the prior year. Non-GAAP net income and adjusted EBITDA for the full-year 2018 exclude net unrealized losses on marketable equity securities of approximately $367 million before tax. In addition, Non-GAAP net income for the 4th quarter of 2018 and 2017 excludes the $48 million income tax benefit and $1.3 billion income tax expense, respectively, related to the Tax Act, as mentioned above.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF