Author Topic: PDH - Premier Diversified Holdings Inc.  (Read 249855 times)

netnet

• Lifetime Member
Re: PDH - Premier Diversified Holdings Inc.
« Reply #710 on: January 10, 2018, 05:30:16 PM »
Of course the liquidation and the stock price declines are painful, but at this point you are paying about the estimated book for the business, with no growth factored in; plus I might add you get Parsad for free, as it were.

You have the business value there in front of you with the bad news out and already priced in.

Junto

• Lifetime Member
    • My Company
« Reply #711 on: January 10, 2018, 07:34:59 PM »
Of course the liquidation and the stock price declines are painful, but at this point you are paying about the estimated book for the business, with no growth factored in; plus I might add you get Parsad for free, as it were.

You have the business value there in front of you with the bad news out and already priced in.

I think you are living in a bubble. Look at the fundamentals. This is not even close to "already priced in" for valuation. For value investors, many of you are forgetting basic balance sheet and cash flow analysis.

tombgrt

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #712 on: January 11, 2018, 03:30:46 AM »
Correct Junto. I'm surprised this is still trading where it is.

Halo and bandwagon effect are a b*tch. Learn from it and move on.

plus I might add you get Parsad for free, as it were.

Honest question: Would you say this has been a net positive or net negative for the company and its investors?

And doesn't he get paid?  ???
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:32:41 AM by tombgrt »

netnet

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #713 on: January 11, 2018, 12:13:14 PM »

I think you are living in a bubble. Look at the fundamentals. This is not even close to "already priced in" for valuation. For value investors, many of you are forgetting basic balance sheet and cash flow analysis.
Balance sheet analysis is only the beginning not the end of valuation, so the question is whether assets carried at cost are worth more than that.  I personally believe Parsad when he says:
Clinic, stake in goevisit, real estate investments, cash and other investments...worth over $9M on their own...even if equity falls.  Clinic, goevisit, real estate are all carried at cost...not what their current value is.

I'm not an investor, as I only buy pure jockey stocks after one complete cycle, one failure, and multiple outstanding successes, unless the business fundamentals are overwhelming positive, in which case it is not a pure jockey stock.

KFRCanuk

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #714 on: January 11, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »
We will continue to focus on the clinic business, goevisit.com and real estate which are all doing wonderfully, and we'll work hard to recoup these losses over the next few years!  Cheers!

I'm Canadian and signed up for goevisit.com . I don't have a need for it today (I'm not sick) but at somepoint I will try it out.

Spekulatius

« Reply #715 on: January 11, 2018, 06:03:39 PM »
The problem with PDH is that the capital  ase and the potential returns from it are way too small to carry the current overhead. The loss in Sequant makes this problem much worse.

Shareholders look at continued losses and dilution here.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

compoundinglife

« Reply #716 on: January 13, 2018, 08:51:43 PM »
It will be fun to look back on this many years from now.

Will we look like geniuses for getting in at the ground floor with a budding unknown operator/allocator who made us a truckload of money?

Will we look like idiots because we invested in some rando on the internet with a website that has berkshire and fairfax in the name?

compoundinglife

« Reply #717 on: January 13, 2018, 11:57:31 PM »
It was not an easy decision, but we spent the last three months in due diligence with an offer for $2M in the holding company and $50M in the ILS portfolio.  We were so close...but right before Christmas, this very well known firm decided to pull out.  So at last Thursday's Sequant board meeting, it was decided to put it into liquidation after exhausting all of our contacts.  We will have more details in the annual letter at the end of the month.

Look forward to reading the annual letter. One of the main questions I have is given all insurance industry connections between you, Guy, American Safety Re, Fairfax etc... Why was it so hard to find an institutional partner? Was there a critical gap in the idea behind Sequant? ILS and CAT bonds appear to still be in their infancy, were you too early in the market?

I did not know anything about ILS before Sequant so curious to learn what the mistakes were.