Author Topic: PDH - Premier Diversified Holdings Inc.  (Read 361329 times)

Spekulatius

Re: PDH - Premier Diversified Holdings Inc.
« Reply #790 on: September 21, 2018, 06:31:56 AM »
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/09/20/1574081/0/en/Premier-Diversified-Holdings-to-Acquire-Shares-of-ZED-Therapeutics-Inc.html

Premier Diversified Holdings Inc. ("Premier" or the "Company") (TSXV: PDH) announces that, subject to approval of the TSX Venture Exchange (the "TSXV"), it will acquire 5,144,000 Common shares of ZED Therapeutics Inc. ("ZED") for total consideration of $25,720.

ZED is a privately held company incorporated under the laws of Alberta. ZED is a start-up company which intends to participate in the medicinal hemp industry. Medicinal hemp is distinct from medicinal cannabis. Medicinal hemp is CBD oil and plant products with less than 0.3% THC.  The Company is acquiring common shares of ZED at a price of $0.005 per common share. All other subscribers in ZED's financing are acquiring common shares at the same price as the Company. Following closing of ZED's financing, Premier anticipates that it will hold approximately 36.7% of the issued and outstanding shares of ZED. ZED may complete future equity financings which would result in dilution of Premier's interest in ZED.

Possibly a stupid question, but why would a private company issue shares at 0.005 CAD? It seems that for a private company would to divide their equity into less shares that are actually worth something? It’s a bit like being a billionaire in Venezuela nowadays. They probably should cut a few zeros from the sharecount  like Venezuela did for their currency?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:54:52 AM by Spekulatius »
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #791 on: September 21, 2018, 06:41:53 AM »
https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/09/20/1574081/0/en/Premier-Diversified-Holdings-to-Acquire-Shares-of-ZED-Therapeutics-Inc.html

Premier Diversified Holdings Inc. ("Premier" or the "Company") (TSXV: PDH) announces that, subject to approval of the TSX Venture Exchange (the "TSXV"), it will acquire 5,144,000 Common shares of ZED Therapeutics Inc. ("ZED") for total consideration of $25,720.

ZED is a privately held company incorporated under the laws of Alberta. ZED is a start-up company which intends to participate in the medicinal hemp industry. Medicinal hemp is distinct from medicinal cannabis. Medicinal hemp is CBD oil and plant products with less than 0.3% THC.  The Company is acquiring common shares of ZED at a price of $0.005 per common share. All other subscribers in ZED's financing are acquiring common shares at the same price as the Company. Following closing of ZED's financing, Premier anticipates that it will hold approximately 36.7% of the issued and outstanding shares of ZED. ZED may complete future equity financings which would result in dilution of Premier's interest in ZED.

Is the stock puffing up 1000% in a day?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:49:23 AM by Jurgis »
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money", "LBJ"

Sportgamma

• Fundamental Finance Playbook
« Reply #792 on: September 21, 2018, 06:46:59 AM »

So, total market cap at $70,000?

benhacker

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #793 on: September 21, 2018, 07:51:50 AM »
Companies issue low priced shares for 3 primary reasons to my knowledge:
1) Culturally - Chinese shares for example tend to like lower priced shares (US investors seem to prefer $10-100 culturally, but some of Asia is not of this norm... though not at $0.005)
2) it's easier to pump and dump because many rubes euphemistically believe $0.005 to $1 is "easier" than $1 -> $200 (and maybe in a pump it *is* easier)
3) <$1 shares are not really possible to short easily given the mechanics of brokerages/exchanges, and the way borrow collateral costs are measured (% rate measured on $1 at a minimum for example, some brokerage banning certain kinds of shorts).

So .... yeah.

Ben
Ben Hacker
Beaverton, Oregon - USA

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #794 on: September 21, 2018, 08:33:33 AM »

Is the stock puffing up 1000% in a day?

I suggest renaming PDH to PCH ("Premier Cannabis Holdings") pronto.
And selling ZED product over the telemedicine line.

This could be yuge.

Sorry Sanjeev and all that
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money", "LBJ"

Libs

« Reply #795 on: September 21, 2018, 09:41:35 AM »
I could use some cannabis to deal with my 95% loss on this stock. And it was a 5% position....pretty painful.

That said, it was an unforced error, 100% my fault. The challenges PDH faced were pretty clear when I bought in.

I'm rationalizing it quite simply: I've gotten a lot more out of COBF, monetarily and otherwise, than  I've lost on PDH. And for that I'm still grateful to Parsad.
My username is not a political statement.....and I'm too lazy to change it.

gurpaul88

« Reply #796 on: September 21, 2018, 11:09:00 AM »
Getting in on that cannabis craze...  ::)

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #797 on: September 21, 2018, 02:11:12 PM »

Possibly a stupid question, but why would a private company issue shares at 0.005 CAD? It seems that for a private company would to divide their equity into less shares that are actually worth something? Itís a bit like being a billionaire in Venezuela nowadays. They probably should cut a few zeros from the sharecount  like Venezuela did for their currency?

You are correct.  But it's the minimum amount required.  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #798 on: September 21, 2018, 02:15:22 PM »
Companies issue low priced shares for 3 primary reasons to my knowledge:
1) Culturally - Chinese shares for example tend to like lower priced shares (US investors seem to prefer $10-100 culturally, but some of Asia is not of this norm... though not at $0.005)
2) it's easier to pump and dump because many rubes euphemistically believe $0.005 to $1 is "easier" than $1 -> $200 (and maybe in a pump it *is* easier)
3) <$1 shares are not really possible to short easily given the mechanics of brokerages/exchanges, and the way borrow collateral costs are measured (% rate measured on $1 at a minimum for example, some brokerage banning certain kinds of shorts).

So .... yeah.

Ben

Incorrect.  The shares were issued to us and 3 other insiders of MyCare who supported the company in the early days.  We (PDH) personally are not going into the medicinal hemp business...MyCare is.  The $0.005 per share is the minimum that has to be charged for the issued shares.  That is not the price of what any other shares will be issued at for ZED Therapeutics.  Cheers!

Parsad

• Administrator
« Reply #799 on: September 21, 2018, 02:21:30 PM »
I could use some cannabis to deal with my 95% loss on this stock. And it was a 5% position....pretty painful.

That said, it was an unforced error, 100% my fault. The challenges PDH faced were pretty clear when I bought in.

I'm rationalizing it quite simply: I've gotten a lot more out of COBF, monetarily and otherwise, than  I've lost on PDH. And for that I'm still grateful to Parsad.

If this is the end game for you, then I apologize for your loss.  It isn't for us, and I have not sold a share, but continue to acquire more and more.  Put your shares away in a dark drawer and just don't look at them except every 5 years. 

And my recommendation, just as I have been doing, is average down as you can.  Those that bought Fairfax in 1999 at the peak, and continued to average in through the rough years, are far better off than someone who just bought and held. 

While I sympathize with those that have bought and held, like any investment, I could not and cannot predict the outcome in the short-term...all I can control is the long-term outcome, and it's still game on for me!  Cheers!