Author Topic: PDRX - PD-Rx Pharmaceuticals  (Read 35321 times)

Foreign Tuffett

Re: PDRX - PD-Rx Pharmaceuticals
« Reply #70 on: April 27, 2018, 06:10:01 AM »

Hielko

« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2018, 06:44:00 AM »
Interesting that the date of the PR is may 7 :P

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2018, 10:44:27 AM »
This isn't the main reason I own it, but I think PDRX is a pretty good candidate to get bought out at some point.

Plus
- Cheap and very small
- Consistently profitable and cash flow-generative
- Based on an earlier post in this thread*, management is at least open to the idea of selling the company
- The 2017 annual report lists 6 officers. All of them have been with the company for many years. As of the end of last year the youngest officer is 58, the oldest is 73, and the average age is 66. The CEO is 65 and is a practicing physician.
- While insiders probably own a huge % of the company, I don't see any sign that the reigns are going to be handed over to the children of the founders. Google tells me that the CEO's daughter is a practicing dermatologist, so I doubt she's involved with the company.
- Overcapitalized, with owned real estate and a clean capital structure

Minus
- Operates in the heavily regulated pharmaceutical distribution space. Prospective buyers may not be interested in navigating the regulatory environment
- There may be regulatory or other imminent business headwinds that I'm unaware of due to my ignorance of the pharma distribution space and the company's limited disclosures
- The company's location in Oklahoma City is far from major financial centers

* Note that I have no way of confirming this, and haven't spoken to management myself.

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2018, 05:16:24 AM »
Nope, they have not. However, it's a sign in the right direction and I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again this year.
Looks like they'll be paying a $0.66 dividend this year. That amount is listed as a scheduled dividend on their OTCMarkets page: https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/PDRX/security

OTC Markets now showing an upcoming $2.20 dividend. I suspect this is the reason for the recent activity in the stock.

https://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/PDRX/security

Partner24

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2018, 09:39:56 AM »
Wow! 2.20$. That's huge for them!

no_free_lunch

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2018, 10:05:35 AM »
Pd-Rx Pharmaceuticals Inc (OTCBB:PDRX) on 11/20/2018 declared a dividend of $ 2.2000 per share payable on December 12, 2018 to shareholders of record as of November 30, 2018. Dividend amount recorded is an increase of $ 1.54 from last dividend Paid.

https://www.dividendinvestor.com/dividend-news/20181120/dividend-announcement-pd-rx-pharmaceuticals-inc-otcbb-pdrx-on-11-20-2018-declared-a-dividend-of-$2.2000-per-share/

Shouldn't it be selling off given it's ex dividend date on a huge payout?

Tim Eriksen

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2018, 10:43:07 AM »
Pd-Rx Pharmaceuticals Inc (OTCBB:PDRX) on 11/20/2018 declared a dividend of $ 2.2000 per share payable on December 12, 2018 to shareholders of record as of November 30, 2018. Dividend amount recorded is an increase of $ 1.54 from last dividend Paid.

https://www.dividendinvestor.com/dividend-news/20181120/dividend-announcement-pd-rx-pharmaceuticals-inc-otcbb-pdrx-on-11-20-2018-declared-a-dividend-of-$2.2000-per-share/

Shouldn't it be selling off given it's ex dividend date on a huge payout?

It is not ex dividend.  With large dividends the ex date is the day following the pay date.  In this case the pay date is 12/12 and the ex date is 12/13.

no_free_lunch

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2018, 10:49:49 AM »
Tim, I could be totally wrong here so bear with me.  If it is payable to shareholders on record November 30, isn't it now effectively ex-dividend?  Doesn't that imply I can sell my shares and still get the dividend?

Hielko

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2018, 10:51:58 AM »
Tim, I could be totally wrong here so bear with me.  If it is payable to shareholders on record November 30, isn't it now effectively ex-dividend?  Doesn't that imply I can sell my shares and still get the dividend?
No, because the ex date is 13 December. If you sell your shares you are the shareholder on record, but you will have sold the right to get the dividend with your shares so you won't get anything.

no_free_lunch

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2018, 11:01:07 AM »
Ok, I see now.  Thanks for the info.

So if I buy more now, will those new shares also get the dividend?