Author Topic: PDRX - PD-Rx Pharmaceuticals  (Read 33096 times)

Tim Eriksen

• Lifetime Member
Re: PDRX - PD-Rx Pharmaceuticals
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2018, 11:20:47 AM »
Ok, I see now.  Thanks for the info.

So if I buy more now, will those new shares also get the dividend?

If you buy now, yes, you get the dividend.  If you sell now you do not. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 11:23:15 AM by Tim Eriksen »

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2018, 09:41:55 AM »
Just in case there was any doubt about the dividend....

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/pd-rx-declares-dividend-300761449.html

watsa_is_a_randian_hero

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2018, 05:20:40 AM »
where is the annual report?  Its usually out by now, right?

Hielko

« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2019, 05:29:10 AM »
Yeah, usually was somewhere in December, but think they have been a bit busy. Would expect the report to be posted online anytime now.

_JJ_

« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2019, 08:18:31 AM »
Report is out:

http://www.pdrx.com/investorinfo.html

Yeah, usually was somewhere in December, but think they have been a bit busy. Would expect the report to be posted online anytime now.

writser

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2019, 09:22:28 AM »
Decent year, boring as usual. I was secretly hoping that the huge dividend was paid out because of stellar results after the board announced it but the board has simply determined they are not going to acquire another business and/or invest heavily and are instead emptying the piggy bank for shareholders. Which is a very good thing, don't get me wrong.

Gross profit was actually very decent this year but an 800k increase in SG&A unfortunately means that net income was more or less the same as last year.
When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid.

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2019, 10:18:37 AM »
Decent year, boring as usual. I was secretly hoping that the huge dividend was paid out because of stellar results after the board announced it but the board has simply determined they are not going to acquire another business and/or invest heavily and are instead emptying the piggy bank for shareholders. Which is a very good thing, don't get me wrong.

Gross profit was actually very decent this year but an 800k increase in SG&A unfortunately means that net income was more or less the same as last year.

Yeah, solid but unspectacular. Multiple has expanded as cash has been dividend-ed out, but @ ~6X EV/OP is still very reasonable.

Re the recent dividend: One possibility is that their results and/or outlook since FY 2018 ended have trended up strongly. Probably though, management has simply decided to stop hoarding cash.

no_free_lunch

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2019, 08:03:13 PM »
Results were a little disappointing it is true.  However, the dividend was a game changer.  This is a tiny micro-cap, that doesn't file with edgar.  There is a lot of trust involved here and seeing concrete actions, like paying 33% in dividends adds to that.  I only have a small stake but I will add if it drops a bit.  Revenue and earnings have been stalled for a few years, 12x earnings, no diversification, right now it feels fairly priced or maybe a touch cheap.  I like 10x earnings if growth is in question.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:05:00 PM by no_free_lunch »

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2019, 06:35:33 AM »
Results were a little disappointing it is true.  However, the dividend was a game changer.  This is a tiny micro-cap, that doesn't file with edgar.  There is a lot of trust involved here and seeing concrete actions, like paying 33% in dividends adds to that.  I only have a small stake but I will add if it drops a bit.  Revenue and earnings have been stalled for a few years, 12x earnings, no diversification, right now it feels fairly priced or maybe a touch cheap.  I like 10x earnings if growth is in question.

Why are you using P/E ratio to value a company that, even after the recent dividend, has a large net cash position?

no_free_lunch

« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2019, 07:24:38 AM »
How do you value it?

I made a conservative assumption, given the large dividend, that they are done with special distributions.