Author Topic: GCM.TO - Gran Colombia Gold Corp  (Read 42016 times)

SafetyinNumbers

Re: GCM.TO - Gran Colombia Gold Corp
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2019, 05:41:14 AM »
Dundee Precious Metals or DPM.

Production is going up around 50% this year with new mine just starting up.

No need for capital, net debt free balance sheet, production cost well below peers. Similar trading metrics as other cheap names such as AR, LMC and TGZ. And Bulgaria being a EU country appears to be a much better place for geopolitical risk vs Columbia and many African countries.

I believe that the story is getting out and the stock price is now just about to break up higher.

Cardboard

Nice production number out of DPM. CIBC upgrades to OP and moves target to $6 from $4.

Top 5 positions: ELF IAM GCM.NT/GCM PIF EFR.DB

Foreign Tuffett

« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2019, 07:43:22 AM »
Gran Colombia out with an update.

http://www.grancolombiagold.com/news-and-investors/press-releases/press-release-details/2019/Gran-Colombia-Golds-2018-Annual-Production-Reaches-218001-Ounces-Up-25-Over-2017-Announces-Details-for-the-Forthcoming-Quarterly-Repayment-of-Its-Gold-Notes-On-January-31-2019/default.aspx

* @ YE 2018 they have $33M cash and

* @ YE 2018 there are $88.250M of gold-linked notes still outstanding

* They are guiding for 2019 gold production to be approximately flat Y/Y 

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2019, 09:19:02 AM »
Congratulations on those who bought and held GCM! Probably has good upside left too.

I lost patience/confidence way back when there was that strike and got out for no gain/no loss...

The entire sector of junior miners is interesting here IMO. I don't ever recall seeing so many of these with good growth prospects, low to no debt, trading very cheaply and being profitable.

We are also seeing major consolidation in the sector with Newmont-Goldcorp this week, so supply is not likely to grow much globally. The game by the big guys seems to be capital discipline, cutting costs, looking for synergies, focusing on best grades/mines having been burned in years back with expansion.

By the way, DPM just saw quite significant insider buying by GMT at around $3.55 CAD:

https://www.canadianinsider.com/node/7?menu_tickersearch=DPM+%7C+Dundee+Precious+Metals

Cardboard

SafetyinNumbers

« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2019, 09:44:20 AM »
Thanks Cardboard! It still looks cheap and so does DPM.

I had a chance to meet with SGI.V this week. It seems like all the bad news is priced in without any optionality for higher grades which would result in higher production and lower costs. Next update will be end of January and we will get Q4 production and the 2019 budget. I expect them to put up guidance they can beat.

Check out slide 15 in their deck for TD: https://www.superior-gold.com/site/assets/files/2309/superior_gold_-_corporate_presentation_-_january_2019_web.pdf

If they can get to 5g/t vs the reserve grade of 6g/t, they can produce over 125k oz at an AISC less than $900 and that would put the stock at less than 1x EV/EBITDA.

It also has no debt (net cash is about 30 cents of the 75 cent share price), high management ownership at 9% and operates in Australia. But itís too small for most hedge funds and long only funds to care about.
Top 5 positions: ELF IAM GCM.NT/GCM PIF EFR.DB