Author Topic: SD - SandRidge Energy  (Read 467992 times)

Sombunall

Re: SD - SandRidge Energy
« Reply #1740 on: June 13, 2019, 04:55:14 AM »
Seems to me SD might've been something special: debt-free E&P that could've been run for cash flow and put up for sale... but instead it's starting to look like every other E&P -- spend more than cash flow, even if it means taking on debt, to develop assets and even acquire adjacent acreage... all to get production numbers up... If SD is a microcosm of how E&Ps are run, then the industry hasn't learned a thing in this bear market for energy. It's the same old same old...

Having said all this, I'm pretty sure this post will market the bottom for SD.  :P

Gregmal

« Reply #1741 on: June 13, 2019, 05:23:01 AM »
The problem is that, management gets rewarded for bankrupting a company. Ward made a fortune crippling them. Then the next crew had every incentive because then they got a clean slate and tons of free stock. If a company goes bankrupt, senior management should mandatorily be fired. As long as it is the current way, file and get a big slug of free stock... things will never change.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #1742 on: June 13, 2019, 11:21:10 AM »
Seems to me SD might've been something special: debt-free E&P that could've been run for cash flow and put up for sale... but instead it's starting to look like every other E&P -- spend more than cash flow, even if it means taking on debt, to develop assets and even acquire adjacent acreage... all to get production numbers up... If SD is a microcosm of how E&Ps are run, then the industry hasn't learned a thing in this bear market for energy. It's the same old same old...

"A scorpion asks a frog to carry it across a river. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung by the scorpion, but the scorpion argues that if it did that, they would both drown. The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion. The scorpion climbs onto the frog's back and the frog begins to swim, but midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog, dooming them both. The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung the frog, to which the scorpion replies "I couldn't help it. It's in my nature.""
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen