Author Topic: SHLD - Sears  (Read 2034371 times)

rogermunibond

• Lifetime Member
Re: SHLD - Sears
« Reply #8730 on: January 09, 2017, 12:35:29 PM »
Yet another HFer, Fed chairman, or CEO who has ODed on Ayn Rand.

John Hjorth

« Reply #8731 on: January 09, 2017, 12:55:06 PM »
The only problem I have with this is: How did this escalate into 874 pages on this board? Oh well, that may just be me <pressing the unnotify button now>
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

longinvestor

• Lifetime Member
  • Never interrupt compounding unnecessarily -Munger
« Reply #8732 on: January 09, 2017, 12:59:38 PM »
When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for bad economics, it is the reputation of the business that remains intact.........Buffett

longinvestor

• Lifetime Member
  • Never interrupt compounding unnecessarily -Munger
« Reply #8733 on: January 09, 2017, 01:12:34 PM »
The only problem I have with this is: How did this escalate into 874 pages on this board? Oh well, that may just be me <pressing the unnotify button now>

Well, COBF did it again! Almost all of the most frequented names under Investment ideas have been mediocre to plain duds. You can sort the Investment Ideas section by # replies and see that. I even posted the lack lustre to poor stock price performance for the most popular names from post #1 to post #xxxxx here in 2015. http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/general-discussion/what-happened-to-this-board/msg223221/#msg223221

Stay away from the most discussed stocks on COBF!

fareastwarriors

« Reply #8734 on: January 09, 2017, 01:40:57 PM »

Well, COBF did it again! Almost all of the most frequented names under Investment ideas have been mediocre to plain duds. You can sort the Investment Ideas section by # replies and see that. I even posted the lack lustre to poor stock price performance for the most popular names from post #1 to post #xxxxx here in 2015. http://www.cornerofberkshireandfairfax.ca/forum/general-discussion/what-happened-to-this-board/msg223221/#msg223221

But it's fun even you're not long/short to partake, can't resist!

arcube

« Reply #8735 on: January 09, 2017, 02:17:33 PM »
Yet another HFer, Fed chairman, or CEO who has ODed on Ayn Rand.
Well said!

Mephistopheles

« Reply #8736 on: January 09, 2017, 02:30:16 PM »

At least in SHLD case, lately it's the most frequented name because it's a dud.

John Hjorth

« Reply #8737 on: January 09, 2017, 03:09:25 PM »

But it's fun even you're not long/short to partake, can't resist!

fareastwarriors,

It's OK.

Personally, I apologize if I have been condescending prior in this topic towards SHLD longs on this board. Personally, I just don't get it [SHLD].

Somehow, it's all about the purpose of the trade, I know some people on this board [sharperdigaan among others] made a short term killing some time ago of the then short squeeze, based on the meticulous work of Luke 5:32.
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

bennycx

« Reply #8738 on: January 09, 2017, 04:10:01 PM »

I guess because if it is a STUD, people are busy buying and not posting - that is what I do anyway! But if it is a dud, people keep arguing over how bad or good it is!

opihiman2

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #8739 on: January 09, 2017, 06:38:55 PM »
That's a really interesting observation.  I wonder if we took all the most discussed ideas on CBOF, looked at the trading prices from the first month (averaged) till today, what the performance would be like.  I often wonder whether online investing forums are worth visiting anymore.  Might be easier just to do passive investing, ala Bogleheads, for the average folk than all of this "analysis" junk.