Author Topic: SYTE - Sitestar  (Read 125886 times)

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member
Re: SYTE - Sitestar
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 01:36:42 PM »

Schwab711

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 03:46:43 PM »
Admittedly I haven't looked into SYTE but how do you find an IV or range for IV with such poor management? It seems like you have to fight an uphill battle, price-multiple is likely capped to some extent, even if there's growth in profits the money has been shown to be mis-allocated giving you just a percentage of that growth, and the less efficient style can lead to bankruptcy if the industry experiences tough times. It doesn't make any sense to me to buy deep-value but terribly run stocks unless you have the money to be an activist or owner. What am I missing? Back-tests of strategy proving me wrong?

ScottHall

You can no longer follow me on Twitter!

oddballstocks

• Lifetime Member
    • Oddball Stocks Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 07:34:17 PM »
Admittedly I haven't looked into SYTE but how do you find an IV or range for IV with such poor management? It seems like you have to fight an uphill battle, price-multiple is likely capped to some extent, even if there's growth in profits the money has been shown to be mis-allocated giving you just a percentage of that growth, and the less efficient style can lead to bankruptcy if the industry experiences tough times. It doesn't make any sense to me to buy deep-value but terribly run stocks unless you have the money to be an activist or owner. What am I missing? Back-tests of strategy proving me wrong?

Two thoughts.  As someone running some backtests myself I'd say that anyone who references them going forward is full of crap.  I now understand why no quant manager just going by the data ever matches the backtested results.

Second thought.  Sometimes the assets are worth so much more than it's worth putting up with terrible management.  At times an exec will die and the company will be let free.  Other times the CEO will finally decide to sell and retire in Boca.  And lastly sometimes it's worth doing the activist thing like Jeff did to unlock the value himself.
The ultimate edge for bank investors: http://www.completebankdata.com

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 09:14:47 AM »

Grenville

• Lifetime Member

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 10:39:31 AM »
Looks like someone is getting goofy with their buying today - this thing traded six and a half cents at one point today.

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 07:55:09 AM »

globalfinancepartners

• Lifetime Member

InelegantInvestor

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 09:19:53 PM »
10Q is out. Quarter only contained a month or so of involvement of new directors, and shows no change. Reporting is not materially improved, and results certainly are not. I'm hopeful to see change in Q2, first full quarter with new directors. If it's just going to be more of the same with three more guys in the room, not much to stay around for.