Author Topic: SYTE - Enterprise Diversified  (Read 230516 times)

NBL0303

Re: SYTE - Sitestar
« Reply #330 on: March 25, 2017, 09:59:32 AM »

800k in annual corporate expenses is about 8% of the asset base right now. That's a very high burden.

This is in no way a defense of the management or any of their actions, but on this particular point - I wouldn't say that their expenses over the last year are "annual" in the sense of recurring or of having any amount of stability.  On this point alone, I think management has done reasonably well to get the company near-current with their SEC filings/auditors/bylaws/etc.  I'm actually amazed it was not more.  They must have negotiated well with the corporate lawyers and auditors - because generally having to restate financials, not only get audited by audit earlier audits, and clean up a company like this - would typically cost millions regardless of the asset size of the underlying company.

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #331 on: March 25, 2017, 06:03:05 PM »
Packer is going to run a fund? Nice! Good for him. :)
Paul

Phaceliacapital

« Reply #332 on: March 27, 2017, 12:57:48 AM »
Well given the talks I had with him during FFH dinner events I think he'll do really well (also he has this little track record that says the same thing ...).

Congrats!
The harder you work, the luckier you get.

roark33

« Reply #333 on: March 27, 2017, 11:32:57 AM »
I have a question from the peanut gallery. 

One thing I never understood about this situation is the corporate structure.  Why would you want to do all these investments in a corporate structure?  The tax disadvantages of these investments (assuming they work and the corporate parent will eventually pay taxes) seem so unfavorable that it makes no sense to do it in this form. 

Take the Alluvial Fund investmet, no one would set up a corporate structure to invest in a management company of an investment form. 

Maybe I am missing something here?

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #334 on: March 27, 2017, 02:52:33 PM »
Does anyone know how Alluvial's performed since inception? last information I have is from April 2016.
Paul

Radio Free Cash Flow

• alluvialcapital.com
« Reply #336 on: March 27, 2017, 06:38:48 PM »
Alluvial here. Happy to report that as of today, we have returned 17.1% annualized since 3/31/2014 compared to 6.2% for the Russell 2000 and 3.8% for the Russell MicroCap Index.

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #337 on: March 27, 2017, 07:41:30 PM »
thanks guys. appreciate it!
Paul

slkiel

« Reply #338 on: March 27, 2017, 09:31:48 PM »
We have set the date and time of the annual shareholder meeting and invite everyone from the board to attend. We had a great group last year and had a lot of fun. The shareholder meeting is the primary way that we communicate with shareholders in order to remain focused on operations throughout the rest of the year. Because of that, we're happy to address all questions asked at the meeting. We are all looking forward to giving an update on the company. Keith and Dave will also be available to take questions in addition to the rest of the directors and subsidiary managers.

If you are not a shareholder, you are still welcome to attend. Just let us know in advance (info@sitestarcorp.com) so we can add your name to the list so the front desk doesn't turn you away. If you do own shares, please look out for the proxy statement next month.

Monday, May 22, 2017 at 10:00am ET

Offices of Alston & Bird
101 S Tryon St #4000
Charlotte, NC 28280

http://sitestarcorp.com/annual-meeting

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #339 on: March 28, 2017, 05:24:13 AM »
We have set the date and time of the annual shareholder meeting and invite everyone from the board to attend. We had a great group last year and had a lot of fun. The shareholder meeting is the primary way that we communicate with shareholders in order to remain focused on operations throughout the rest of the year. Because of that, we're happy to address all questions asked at the meeting. We are all looking forward to giving an update on the company. Keith and Dave will also be available to take questions in addition to the rest of the directors and subsidiary managers.

If you are not a shareholder, you are still welcome to attend. Just let us know in advance (info@sitestarcorp.com) so we can add your name to the list so the front desk doesn't turn you away. If you do own shares, please look out for the proxy statement next month.

Monday, May 22, 2017 at 10:00am ET

Offices of Alston & Bird
101 S Tryon St #4000
Charlotte, NC 28280

http://sitestarcorp.com/annual-meeting

Will there be video, audio, or at least a transcript of the meeting (or at least the question and answer portion) made available afterwards for shareholders who are unable to attend?