Author Topic: TDG - Transdigm  (Read 135168 times)

walkie518

Re: TDG - Transdigm
« Reply #401 on: June 12, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »
they just increased the threshold on the grounds that doing so would create a more competitive environment for small business?!

this is a little backwards...going to be like plugging a hole in a sinking boat?

I bet the cost of parts on the uptake moves materially higher on the initial bid ... 

Spekulatius

« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2019, 04:21:47 PM »
they just increased the threshold on the grounds that doing so would create a more competitive environment for small business?!

this is a little backwards...going to be like plugging a hole in a sinking boat?

I bet the cost of parts on the uptake moves materially higher on the initial bid ...

Sector needs more competition. At least they should block these guys from future acquisitions and they should probably encourage bids from smaller competitors. I think they have all the tools they need to get this done, they just need to execute on this. The purchasing managers of the army/navy/air force often don’t exercise their power, because they are looking at a 2nd career Job in the same industry. It’s a clubby business.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #403 on: June 19, 2019, 10:30:10 AM »
New Scuttleblurb post on TDG (subscription required):

https://www.scuttleblurb.com/tdg/
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | This podcast episode is a must-listen