Author Topic: TSLA - Tesla Motors  (Read 517891 times)

TwoCitiesCapital

Re: TSLA - Tesla Motors
« Reply #2370 on: October 05, 2018, 01:31:03 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/finance/news/einhorns-greenlight-exits-apple-u-170514459.html

"Like Lehman, we think the deception is about to catch up to TSLA," Einhorn's firm Greenlight Capital, which has sold Tesla shares short, said in a quarterly investor letter obtained by Reuters. "Elon Musk's erratic behavior suggests that he sees it the same way."

I've been saying the same thing. Haven't had the courage to short-it (kudos to those who purchased puts!!!!), but Elon's behavior has been the 'tell' that the company isn't doing well IMO. We'll see how it shakes out, but I'm convinced not all is well beneath the hood.

cherzeca

« Reply #2371 on: October 05, 2018, 02:35:44 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/finance/news/einhorns-greenlight-exits-apple-u-170514459.html

"Like Lehman, we think the deception is about to catch up to TSLA," Einhorn's firm Greenlight Capital, which has sold Tesla shares short, said in a quarterly investor letter obtained by Reuters. "Elon Musk's erratic behavior suggests that he sees it the same way."

I've been saying the same thing. Haven't had the courage to short-it (kudos to those who purchased puts!!!!), but Elon's behavior has been the 'tell' that the company isn't doing well IMO. We'll see how it shakes out, but I'm convinced not all is well beneath the hood.

musk has been complaining about delivery logistics but an analyst stated that they delivered >95% of cars produced last Q.  sounds like the guy is a brilliant but inveterate liar

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
« Reply #2372 on: October 09, 2018, 09:09:43 AM »
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Interesting podcast on aging research

A Dhandho Investor

« Reply #2373 on: October 09, 2018, 09:13:36 AM »
Model 3 car wash test results (sorry, could not resist  :-[)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV3be4bXq84&feature=youtu.be

Jurgis

• Porfolio
« Reply #2374 on: October 09, 2018, 01:48:42 PM »
"Before you can be rich, you must be poor." - Nef Anyo
--------------------------------------------------------------------
"American History X", "Milk", "The Insider", "Dirty Money"

A Dhandho Investor

« Reply #2375 on: October 10, 2018, 10:58:15 PM »
Word is out on Twitter that Tesla is further (completely?) winding down Solarcity:

https://twitter.com/kawasook/status/1050164432930652160

The Tesla twist to the story:

https://twitter.com/nealboudette/status/1050209172543995904
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:00:08 PM by A Dhandho Investor »

cogitator8

« Reply #2376 on: October 11, 2018, 08:58:44 AM »
I donít know where stock will go but I own a Model X and it certainly save me money and time and lots of headache dealing with sleazy car repair guys and dealership. I had some part break in due to accident ( someone hit the lining around the tire) it just cost me $67 including labor to get it fixed. Investment community do give him lot of grief but Eihnhorn never developed any products and try to change the world. Personally I donít have vision to analyze Tesla stock but I am a big fan of the product. In fact I am getting ready to build a new house just so I can get Tesla roof and the battery, I already have the car, I can live off the grid for rest of my life.

oddballstocks

• Lifetime Member
    • Oddball Stocks Blog
« Reply #2377 on: October 11, 2018, 09:09:02 AM »
I donít know where stock will go but I own a Model X and it certainly save me money and time and lots of headache dealing with sleazy car repair guys and dealership. I had some part break in due to accident ( someone hit the lining around the tire) it just cost me $67 including labor to get it fixed. Investment community do give him lot of grief but Eihnhorn never developed any products and try to change the world. Personally I donít have vision to analyze Tesla stock but I am a big fan of the product. In fact I am getting ready to build a new house just so I can get Tesla roof and the battery, I already have the car, I can live off the grid for rest of my life.

I've eaten at a lot of restaurants that had awesome atmospheres, great menus, and incredible food.  The problem was they had a bad capital structure and I can't eat there anymore.

Probably the easiest analogy I could make.
The ultimate edge for bank investors: http://www.completebankdata.com

cogitator8

« Reply #2378 on: October 11, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »
Like I said, I donít have that intellect to analyze this company, if it fails, it will be spectacular and sad, but I agree that things donít look good at present. I was listening to Stan Druckenmiller and he went on to say that Tesla bankruptcy could be that one event which may trigger next US recession ! I still love my Model X and I hope Tesla survive.

TwoCitiesCapital

« Reply #2379 on: October 11, 2018, 03:41:50 PM »

No one is giving Musk grief for trying to change the world. Or for trying to build excellent cars. People weren't even really giving Elon grief at all... until his erratic behavior called for it.

No. The trouble a lot of investors have with this stock  wasn't Elon - it was that markets were pretending Tesla's dominance over every other international car maker was a done deal even though Tesla was YEARS away from making that happen. Even though Tesla only makes a fraction of the cars and no demonstrated ability to successfully scale, or profit, from the scale of those cars. Even though Tesla's competitors were spending heavily in R&D to develop competing products. Even Elon was becoming more involved with related party transactions so each of his companies could keep other companies afloat. That was the problem that investors had with Tesla.

Also, maybe just a smidge of their unsophisticated friends who bought the stock getting rich off of it and rubbing it in their faces asking "why didn't you own this, it's so obvious"  ;)