Author Topic: VELT - Velti  (Read 11870 times)

xtreeq

Re: VELT - Velti
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 02:28:57 PM »
Appreciate the insight - I have some reading and digging to do on this one, though it seems to have bottomed out around the 1 dollar mark ...

Well, I am happy I turned out to be wrong about this but today's massive drop probably means we should take a good long look again although management probably needs to go home at this point as they have not performed

locatevalue

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 09:03:29 AM »
17thstcapital: They have discussed trying to improve DSO. Maybe they are also fiddling with Accounts Payables to help the cash cycle.

locatevalue: How do you get comfortable with the rate of industry change? I have a hard time understanding the industry (fast growing, fragmented...). It does seem that a lot of their problems are self-made.

As a developer myself its not that easy to migrate from one platform to another platform so this might provide some recurring cash flows but you are correct its a very fast changing industry and its very to hard to judge them but looking at other players like MM this is at very low valuation and these guys have better customers like Toyota, Coke and others if they dont do any stupid acquitions and keep organic growth and survive next 2 quarters then it will turn around. if you look at this industry 3rd and 4th quarters are better , Hence i am thinking this will survive and i like what new COO is doing.
Finally this is  one speculation i am doing in my portfolio currently and i am capping it at 3% and wont add even touch if it goes to 25cents so my losses will be this possition itself and i have compiled 3 other 3% postions in past 3months ALSK, OIBR, TI.A so to that bunch i added this one. I am sure one will go to 0 and probably the chance of this be the one is more or this might be biggest winner time will tell.
I am always very concentrated investor around 90 in my top 3 ideas this is first time i am taking route of bucket approach with small positions as this market is different i am not finding any high conviction bets so spreading it evenly but will know the results of these approach after 2 or 3 years.

Lesson learnt! Its kind of very stupid to go into things knowing the probability of losing is more even their is huge upside. Even losing 3% of portfolio hurts by breaking basic value investing principals and specultaing. I hope i wont repeat it again.

bskptkl

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 06:46:34 PM »
Anybody like this now?
13 million market cap
Deal in place to sell an asset. 300 million revenue.

I know it's in BK...

Bought  some between 13-15 cents...speculative I know.
Nothing informative yet on bk docket...

bskptkl

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2014, 11:51:15 AM »
Anybody like this now?
13 million market cap
Deal in place to sell an asset. 300 million revenue.

I know it's in BK...

Bought  some between 13-15 cents...speculative I know.
Nothing informative yet on bk docket...

Well that didn't work! Docket 427 says equity to be wiped out on effective date. Closed the position at 2.2 cents.

Kraven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2014, 01:45:49 PM »
Just a clarification.  The bankruptcy covers certain of the US entities.  Velti PLC (VELTF) was not a debtor in the bankruptcy proceeding and retained 2 business units (Performance Marketing and Advertising).
Buy cheap and something good might happen.