Author Topic: "Mr.Trump received the equivalent of at least $413 million from his father"  (Read 7927 times)

Gregmal

I do agree he doesn't care at all about those who continuously trash him, but I don't blame him. Even as a NJ resident, I must say, the tax cuts were a thing of brilliance. They totally f*ck all the people in blue states with high property taxes.

Spekulatius

It's really weird how people can compartmentalize and act like none of what Trump does is a big deal.

spending huge amounts of time watching TV and playing golf rather than working at his important job, etc. People would never stand for it, yet because Trump is the leader of a polical party, suddenly a large fraction of the country can just turn a blind eye to all this.

You will never admit the good Trump is doing for this country - never - you just can't bring yourself to acknowledge any of it.

And where the hell do you come up with this other garbage?  Trump's the hardest working President we've ever seen - he's constant motion - the way he is driving his cabinet and Congress to get things done is making past administrations look sick.

The proof is in the economy, the tax cuts, the job creation happening.  These are the reasons he was elected - and has delivered. 

All Americans really care about is that he keeps his campaign promises. So far, so good.

You just hate the guy! Why don't you just admit it?

Even if he does some good, then it still never warrants the risk of having a totally amoral person run this country. People said the same thing about Hitler by the way - he’d did some good (and many bad things) up to about 1938 (includes  successes with foreign politics) but people looked the other way, until they couldn’t. I would never vote for an amoral politician even if he/she might do some good. The tail risk (in investment terminalolgy) is just too large.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

cubsfan

It's really weird how people can compartmentalize and act like none of what Trump does is a big deal.

spending huge amounts of time watching TV and playing golf rather than working at his important job, etc. People would never stand for it, yet because Trump is the leader of a polical party, suddenly a large fraction of the country can just turn a blind eye to all this.

You will never admit the good Trump is doing for this country - never - you just can't bring yourself to acknowledge any of it.

And where the hell do you come up with this other garbage?  Trump's the hardest working President we've ever seen - he's constant motion - the way he is driving his cabinet and Congress to get things done is making past administrations look sick.

The proof is in the economy, the tax cuts, the job creation happening.  These are the reasons he was elected - and has delivered. 

All Americans really care about is that he keeps his campaign promises. So far, so good.

Hi Cubsfan,

Hardest working...let's be real!  I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone golf more than him while in office.  And don't tell me it's meetings, because half the time, he's golfing by himself!

He's does work hard on pushing his agenda, but not being President.  Now that may not be any different to some people, but I think as President he has duties to his constituents that voted for him, and those that didn't.  He's succeeding on one, but utterly failing in the other.  Not that past President's were necessarily successful in both either, but he has pretty much abandoned any responsibility to those that didn't vote for him.  In fact, he's just pitting one against the other!

Cheers!

You guys really do live in a parallel universe.

The man was voted in to change things in Washington - and get government going.

His "agenda" was jobs, control immigration, respect for law enforcement, respect for military, recognize Jerusalem, tax cuts.

That was his "agenda" unlike Clinton, who had NO agenda, except "I'm not Trump".

Trump was voted in to take America back to the center of politics, much like a mid-90's Bill Clinton agenda.

He is doing exactly that.

The only thing he's abandoned is Transgender bathrooms, Obama care, job killing regulations and all the other nonsense Barrack Obama rolled out.

Cheers!

cubsfan

Even if he does some good, then it still never warrants the risk of having a totally amoral person run this country. People said the same thing about Hitler by the way - he’d did some good (and many bad things) up to about 1938 (includes  successes with foreign politics) but people looked the other way, until they couldn’t. I would never vote for an amoral politician even if he/she might do some good. The tail risk (in investment terminalolgy) is just too large.

Here we go again with the Hitler nonsense..

Most Americans don't care about the guy's sex life, or his tough real estate deals, or his reality show - they could give a shit.

Americans are SO FED UP with American politicians that do NOTHING.  Why do you think Congress has a 10% approval rating? Why do you think Amerians
distrust the press by 3 to 1?

They want someone to come in and kick some ass and holding legislators and government accountable. 

They are getting exactly that.

Gregmal

If the bolded is accurate, nobody who's being 100% truthful with themselves would ever vote for ANY politician. At least not one running for any major position. By the time they've gotten to that point it's nearly impossible not to be corrupted by the process. Not to pick on you, but I hear this logic a lot, yet wonder how many of the people using it to detest Trump would vote for an Avenatti, or did vote for Clinton...

LC

Send this fool to jail for tax evasion.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | cash

meiroy

• Lifetime Member
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

But The Times’s investigation, based on a vast trove of confidential tax returns and financial records, reveals that Mr. Trump received the equivalent today of at least $413 million from his father’s real estate empire, starting when he was a toddler and continuing to this day.

Much of this money came to Mr. Trump because he helped his parents dodge taxes. He and his siblings set up a sham corporation to disguise millions of dollars in gifts from their parents, records and interviews show. Records indicate that Mr. Trump helped his father take improper tax deductions worth millions more. He also helped formulate a strategy to undervalue his parents’ real estate holdings by hundreds of millions of dollars on tax returns, sharply reducing the tax bill when those properties were transferred to him and his siblings. [...]

The president’s parents, Fred and Mary Trump, transferred well over $1 billion in wealth to their children, which could have produced a tax bill of at least $550 million under the 55 percent tax rate then imposed on gifts and inheritances. [...]

By age 3, Mr. Trump was earning $200,000 a year in today’s dollars from his father’s empire. He was a millionaire by age 8. By the time he was 17, his father had given him part ownership of a 52-unit apartment building. Soon after Mr. Trump graduated from college, he was receiving the equivalent of $1 million a year from his father. The money increased with the years, to more than $5 million annually in his 40s and 50s. [...]

Fred Trump was relentless and creative in finding ways to channel this wealth to his children. He made Donald not just his salaried employee but also his property manager, landlord, banker and consultant. He gave him loan after loan, many never repaid. He provided money for his car, money for his employees, money to buy stocks, money for his first Manhattan offices and money to renovate those offices. He gave him three trust funds. He gave him shares in multiple partnerships. He gave him $10,000 Christmas checks. He gave him laundry revenue from his buildings. [...]

All told, The Times documented 295 streams of revenue that Fred Trump created over five decades to enrich his son. In most cases his four other children benefited equally. But over time, as Donald Trump careened from one financial disaster to the next, his father found ways to give him substantially more money, records show.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html

"Do you know how high the bar is for the NYT to directly accuse someone, let alone a sitting president, of tax fraud, which is a federal crime? It's very, very high. And here we are."

https://twitter.com/BCAppelbaum/status/1047205512012546048

You know, what's really spectacular about this is that if Trump did not become POTUS, his own offenses and those of the people involved with him would probably go on unnoticed.  They would not be investigated simply because of the tremendous resources required to do it.

All the tax schemes, foreign agents, abuse of RE laws and just plain criminality would continue without anyone paying a price.

How common is this?  How much white color crime is there?

Rhetorical.

All these people would go on stage and declare themselves to be patriotic with various excuses of why the economy should be like this, and there should be no taxes and government should be smaller etc. but at the end of the day, they just abuse America because they can get away with it.

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Interesting podcast on aging research

Liberty

• Lifetime Member
  • twitter.com/libertyRPF
    • twitter.com/libertyRPF
The playbook of the Trump supporters is always the same.

"Oh, you just hate Trump"

Yeah, maybe because of all the things he's done? Like there's never a reason to dislike someone. I also dislike Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby and Vladimir Putin. He's not doing that stuff because I dislike him, it's the other way around, your causality chain is the wrong way around.

"Oh, you'll never admit the good he's doing"

I do like the tax cuts. But any republican president with control of both houses would've done that. Apart from that, he hasn't done much except increase the level of corruption in the federal government (Scott Pruitt anyone?).

"Oh, but what about Clinton or Obama or whatever"

What does that change? We're talking about Trump. Even if they had done whatever, two wrongs don't make a right, and you don't know my position on any of these people because that's not who I'm talking about. If other people have done wrong things, they should be blamed for them, just like Trump should get the blame for the bad things he does.

A lot of you guys seem to think that after something is out of the news cycle, it's like it shouldn't exist anymore and it's unfair to bring it up. What? The guys has over a dozen women accusing him of sexual abuse and is bragging about it on tape. I have a functioning memory and I'm not a psychopath.

So what's your position on lying and fraud and sexual harassment and business incompetence?

Oh, you got a tax cut and a muslim ban and anti-abortion judges on benches or whatever, so none of that matters suddenly... Right, what great personal values you have.

There's a 100,000 pages of official tax filings by Fred Trump that shows that Trump isn't a self-made man, has been lying all his life, and defrauded the federal government for hundreds of millions. You have his personal lawyer testifying under oath that he's been directed by Trump to commit electoral fraud. The CFO of his own company has taken a plea deal and is cooperating with the FBI. You have the ex-head of the FBI, a guy who spent his life putting the mafia and serial killers in prison, saying that he's been directed to drop an investigation. Etc etc. That's pretty damning for the president of the US. But you guys will always find a way to contort your minds to show that nothing can ever matter when it's your guy in office, but any small thing is the end of the world when it's the other guy there. It's textbook brains to cabbage.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 06:53:09 AM by Liberty »
"Most haystacks don't even have a needle." |  I'm on Twitter  | Interesting podcast on aging research

MarkS

Hi Liberty,

I have a couple of questions concerning your position:  First, you assert the NYT has a high bar to clear before they can accuse a sitting President of tax fraud.  Please explain.  My understanding is that the bar is actually pretty low. Second, Sarah Sanders has put out a statement that the IRS looked at and signed off on the tax returns years ago. If so, doesn't that undercut your position?  Finally, your claim that Trump committed election fraud is at best misleading.  Cohen is treated differently under the statute in question.