Author Topic: Alabama just passed a near-total abortion ban; No exceptions for rape/incest  (Read 8260 times)

Parsad

• Administrator
As someone who used to be on the fence with abortion (but now more in the pro-life camp), why should a human be allowed to kill another human?

Again, I don't know why this discussion is always decided by men, but get knocked up without consent at 16 by your uncle and ask me the same question!

We murder millions in the name of war, race and creed, including allowing assault rifles in homes, and we decry abortion.  Cheers!

Hey it is your message board but this has to be top 10 for worst comments of the year. 

Seriously.  Let's see. Do women have the right to vote in Alabama?  Do they have the right to vote for men?  What gender is the governor?  Are women more pro-life than men?  If someone is the innocent victim of a horrible crime (rape), why is it an acceptable solution/response to harm (kill) another innocent victim? 

That is not at all to minimize the difficulty of carrying the baby,but your acceptable solution is barbaric.   Do we actually murder millions in the name of war, race and creed?  Do you actually fail to see the difference between killing in war and murder?   Is your logical argument that since we kill in the name of war, race or creed, what is the big deal about killing unborn babies?   Seriously???  Do you know how many are killed each year by assault rifles, race, creed and war in or by the US versus abortion in the US alone?  Do you think the numbers are even remotely close?

Only 4 women on the Alabama State Senate...you think that is inclusive in terms of opinion?!  Over half a million people died during the Iraq War...people...living, breathing, working.  And your choice would be to bring in babies that will live in poverty, with parents that aren't prepared to raise them, with little prospect in bettering their lives over time.  The same guys screaming about illegal immigrants and getting them out of here because they are a burden, wants to bring in a million babies a year.  The rights of the living being superceded by the rights of the unborn...and those rights being curtailed mostly by men.  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

Parsad

• Administrator
The girl would be allowed to have an abortion in that instance. - Castanza

Actually, no they would not.  Only if the mother's life is at risk from an ectopic pregnancy or lethal anomaly.  Rape and incest would not qualify...Democrats introduced an amendment and it was voted down.  Cheers!

Parsad

• Administrator
So, you'd be okay with abortion being illegal except in case of rape, incest or if the mother's life is in danger? - stahleyP

I'm ok with WOMEN making informed decisions about THEIR body (pregnant or otherwise)...period!  Cheers!

Gregmal

So, you'd be okay with abortion being illegal except in case of rape, incest or if the mother's life is in danger? - stahleyP

I'm ok with WOMEN making informed decisions about THEIR body (pregnant or otherwise)...period!  Cheers!

We're in agreement with the bolded. If they did the number of abortions would be significantly lower.

Tim Eriksen

• Lifetime Member
As someone who used to be on the fence with abortion (but now more in the pro-life camp), why should a human be allowed to kill another human?

Again, I don't know why this discussion is always decided by men, but get knocked up without consent at 16 by your uncle and ask me the same question!

We murder millions in the name of war, race and creed, including allowing assault rifles in homes, and we decry abortion.  Cheers!

Hey it is your message board but this has to be top 10 for worst comments of the year. 

Seriously.  Let's see. Do women have the right to vote in Alabama?  Do they have the right to vote for men?  What gender is the governor?  Are women more pro-life than men?  If someone is the innocent victim of a horrible crime (rape), why is it an acceptable solution/response to harm (kill) another innocent victim? 

That is not at all to minimize the difficulty of carrying the baby,but your acceptable solution is barbaric.   Do we actually murder millions in the name of war, race and creed?  Do you actually fail to see the difference between killing in war and murder?   Is your logical argument that since we kill in the name of war, race or creed, what is the big deal about killing unborn babies?   Seriously???  Do you know how many are killed each year by assault rifles, race, creed and war in or by the US versus abortion in the US alone?  Do you think the numbers are even remotely close?

Only 4 women on the Alabama State Senate...you think that is inclusive in terms of opinion?!  Over half a million people died during the Iraq War...people...living, breathing, working.  And your choice would be to bring in babies that will live in poverty, with parents that aren't prepared to raise them, with little prospect in bettering their lives over time.  The same guys screaming about illegal immigrants and getting them out of here because they are a burden, wants to bring in a million babies a year.  The rights of the living being superceded by the rights of the unborn...and those rights being curtailed mostly by men.  Cheers!

Please think about what you are saying?  The legislative body represents Alabama, male and female.  Does a legislative body have to include those who are impacted?  Are there any unborn children in the Senate?   How can they vote on children's issues?  Are there illegal immigrants?  how can they vote on illegal immigration?  Your argument is horribly weak.   

Half a million died in the Iraq War over a decade.  640,000 unborn people die per year.  That is ten times the Iraq War.  Ten times.  There is a massive wait for newborn adoptions.  It is an ignorant argument to assume they would live in poverty.  It is untrue.   

Science and religion both understand that the unborn child is a person and living.  It is not superceding of rights.  You don't have the moral right to kill an innocent person.  It is quite simple.   

Castanza

The girl would be allowed to have an abortion in that instance. - Castanza

Actually, no they would not.  Only if the mother's life is at risk from an ectopic pregnancy or lethal anomaly.  Rape and incest would not qualify...Democrats introduced an amendment and it was voted down.  Cheers!

You're right, I overlooked the rape and incest part. Read the headline wrong. And I agree this should be amended. One big issue is the adoption system in the US is terribly difficult to navigate. It should be much easier to adopt.

And to your comment above. Being alive and living in poverty will always be better than death. This is also ignoring the fact that the poorest living standards in America are often hundreds of times better than the best living conditions in many parts of the world. Maybe we should just start executing some of these children who are held up in orphanages or the ones who are bouncing from foster home to foster home. Maybe the poor kid who lives in Nowheresville  Mississippi who's parents "home school" them, beat them, and are probably preventing them from having any type of quality life.

We can't legislate our way out of the unfairness of life.

cwericb

• Lifetime Member
Wonder how many of these anti abortion people agree with capital punishment?

How about shooting immigrants at the border?

How many have assault rifles in their homes to protect themselves from those pesky immigrants?

Wonder how people supporting this bill would feel if their sister, mother, wife was raped and impregnated by an illegal? 

Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason. - Mark Twain

Castanza

How many have assault rifles in their homes to protect themselves from those pesky immigrants?

Wonder how people supporting this bill would feel if their sister, mother, wife was raped and impregnated by an illegal?

Assault rifles have been banned since the 80's.

And for the record the 2nd amendment scales with technology. It's the same reason the first amendment covers more than smoke signals and carrier pigeons.

I'm not for capital punishment in most situations. And I'm certainly not for life terms in prison either. Prison and punishment have their place, but are far overdone in the US (drug related crimes especially)

I have no problem with immigrants either. I certainly don't believe they should be shot. But that has nothing to do with immigration standards (which every other country in the world has, many of which are much stricter than the US.)

Here is what's sad. People care more about unborn animals than they do unborn humans. Smash and eagle egg and wind up with 150k fine and 10 years in prison. Abort a baby or advocate for the continual murder of 600k babies a year and receive all types of praise, acknowledgment  etc for your "bravery."

What a time to be alive! 

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member

Are you okay with parents making informed decisions about their children (abuse or otherwise)? It's just a difference in stage of life and location.

Further, the other human is not their body. It is in their body - but not the same thing. It has its own DNA, fingers, toes, etc (depending on the part of its development). At least be logically consistent here man!
Paul

stahleyp

• Lifetime Member

I don't have a strong view of capital punishment either way but are you really saying an innocent unborn human deserves the same treatment as a criminal - involuntary termination?

I don't know of anyone, personally, that wants to shoot immigrants. However, if you're pro-choice and feel that it's okay for one person to take another's life, why would you have any problem shooting immigrants?

I know plenty of people who have guns and none of them are trying to protect themselves from immigrants. Not a single one.

I'd personally feel the same about a person whether or not they're an "illegal" if they did that to a loved one.

By the way, what does immigration have to do with abortion?   :o
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:02:18 PM by stahleyp »
Paul