Author Topic: Art of the Deal  (Read 21386 times)

Parsad

• Administrator
Re: Art of the Deal
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2019, 08:39:07 PM »
I'd like to know if the wall supports are in support of a hunting down and kicking out all illegal immigrants living in the US, and what they plan on doing that.

By some accounts there are about 22 million illegal immigrants in the US
https://thehill.com/latino/407848-yale-mit-study-22-million-not-11-million-undocumented-immigrants-in-us

By latest counts, there are about 300,000 illegal immigrants crossing into the US annually, and that is falling.

Therefore it would take over 70 years of the wall just to prevent the existing illegal immigration in the US.

Why aren't you guys pushing for taking this money and enforcing citizenship tests? Door to door INS raids? Mandatory citizenship checks. Citizenship cards which must be held at all times. Or are you going to wait 70 years to handle that?

Good lord, where does it stop with you guys?

We ratchet up ICE and you libs protest, cry racism, and want to abolish it.

We target them, and you guys want sanctuary cities.

As has already been said, liberals just want to obstruct ANY solution because this "let them all in/stay" movement is a methodical pay for play type of scheme. All the cesspools that harbor these criminals are irreversibly turning darker and darker blue. Which is the end goal here and why liberals oppose any real effort stop this.

Why are you blaming liberals only?  This all started under Clinton and Dubya...the numbers have decreased progressively since and are actually at record lows...see graph on page 12.  The data is provided by Homeland Security, so you can knock off your partisan crap.  Why don't you actually look at the numbers instead of saying that "no one cares", "liberals want to destroy the U.S.", etc.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/BSMR_OIS_2016.pdf

The problem isn't building a wall and keeping the illegals out...it's proven that is happening.  What you have is somewhere between 10-20M illegals in the country already, and how are you going to humanely deal with that.  A friggin' $5B wall is money spent in the wrong place...unless you want to keep them all inside the U.S.!  Cheers!
No man is a failure who has friends!

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2019, 10:48:33 PM »
they saw that California was flipped to permanently Democratic by uncontrolled illegal immigration.

The agricultural regions of California voted Republican

At that point, the light went on in the Democratic Party to wreck the country with uncontrolled
illegal immigration - all for political power.

The murder rate is at its lowest since 1950.

You ought to go live in Central California for a few months and see what a disaster the place is.
You would be amazed - and you certainly wouldn't want to live there.

Chicago's homicide rate is 35% higher than Stockton's.  Go Cubs!

https://www.thetrace.org/2018/04/highest-murder-rates-us-cities-list/

meiroy

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #182 on: January 07, 2019, 01:04:28 AM »
Oh I'm just saying if you were rationally interested in removing illegal immigrants from the US, you have a handful of things you should be pushing for, instead of wall.

The fact that you aren't, is illuminating.

If those people crossing via Mexico were white they wouldn't care that much about it.  That's what it comes down to.

ERICOPOLY

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2019, 12:33:22 PM »
I saw a comment recently that made me think - one of the traits people claimed Trump had was the ability to make a deal.

I am curious how those who voted for/support him view this in light of the government shut down, and Trump's inability to convince (1) Mexico (2) A Republican Congress, to pay for one of his most memorable promises - the "wall".

He is not a good deal maker.  He uses threats and litigation in his business, and he does the same as President...if I don't get what I want, I will shut the government down.  Cheers!

He is financially harming the Federal workers (shooting the hostages) until he gets his way.

Although he would describe it as "flesh wounds"!  Cheers!

Fox News is tired of the B.S.

Chris Wallace is asking the White House Press Secretary why Trump is holding federal workers and the services they provide "hostage".

It's at the 5:50 mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rht-bk3tbBM

LC

« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2019, 12:40:50 PM »
Chris Wallace was always a decent one. Sarah Sanders is so desperate in that video trying to come up with a way to skirt the issue.

Just admit it Sarah, your administration is holding the country hostage for a wall that nobody wants.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | irm | mo | nlsn | pm | tap | v | vz | wm

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2019, 12:56:28 PM »
"Just admit it Sarah, your administration is holding the country hostage for a wall that nobody wants."

A wall that YOU don't want.

Cardboard

Gregmal

« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2019, 01:01:24 PM »
Dont mind them. They're still butt hurt Hillary lost.

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2019, 01:04:13 PM »
https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/crime/329589-the-truth-about-crime-illegal-immigrants-and-sanctuary-cities
Mark, read your GAO report. The relevant statistic is on page 23.
https://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11187.pdf

Figure 11: Primary Convictions Related to Criminal Alien Federal Offenders in
Fiscal Year 2009

1%
Money Laundering/Racketeering/Extortion

2%
Other (“Other” offenses include homicide, kidnapping, sex offenses, assault, arson, burglary, and auto theft.)

2%
Firearms

7%
Economic Crimes

20%
Drugs

68%
Immigration
It is quite obvious the majority of crimes that illegal immigrants commit are (1) simply being in the US illegally, followed by (2) drugs. Rape, murder, assault, etc. are way down on the list.

But again, a wall is an ineffective preventative measure and will not slow the tide of illegal immigration. Therefore, arguing that a wall will stop these crimes is just wrong.

"money laundering" shouldn't be a crime (so that first category is less than 1%)

"2% other" are most likely real crimes with real victims

"2% firearms"  There should be no gun laws so I don't consider those real crimes.

"7% economic crimes"  may be real crimes with real victims

"20% drugs"  There should be no drug laws so I don't consider those real crimes.

"68% Immigration" There should be no immigration laws so those aren't real crimes.

So of those convictions only 9-10% actually committed real crimes with real victims.

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2019, 02:15:25 PM »
"Reality is that very few on this thread are proposing any real solution. Liberals hypocritically want fully open border while the Libertarians will shoot any who trespasses their properties."

What I wrote on January 4 still seems to fully apply.

Cardboard

LC

« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2019, 03:25:12 PM »
whats your problem with my proposed solution?
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | irm | mo | nlsn | pm | tap | v | vz | wm