Author Topic: Art of the Deal  (Read 17944 times)

Castanza

Re: Art of the Deal
« Reply #240 on: January 26, 2019, 07:28:34 AM »
No I did make a mistake. Was going from memory and didn't verify my number. 5k people made it. I was thinking more about the number who died which was 138ish.

Regardless, walls have been effective all throughout history. And yes the Berlin Wall is not the same as it was a much smaller.

An I'm certainly not a troll. I simply have a differing opinions that you LC on politics. But I think history would smile in my favor 😁.

I will leave you with this. Although you will probably say "I can't verify its truth." One if my best friend's knows the Pence family very well. His father was a very prominent "person" in govt and worked closely with Presidents under multiple parties. I've had the pleasure of meeting Pence and his family on a few occasions in non-public places. And I can say they really are good genuine people. Very respectful, not prideful, etc. I was assuming they would be arrogant pricks.

I haven't met Trump, but my friend has worked with him on numerous occasions and has said off cameras Trump is really a chill dude. Not like the media presents him at all. Although not someone like Pence and his family, he said Trump is very respectful. Goes out if his way to talks to anyone. Remembers people's names and things about them that most people would look past etc.

Also my friend's father as mentioned above said the worst President he has dekt with was Bill and Hillary. He said off camera in the white house they were terrible people. Constantly fighting, cursing each other out. Extremely vulgar, and belittled staff members and other people for no reason. Really not classy people.

All I'm saying is. Media is not a good way to view people. It's sad that media has such a control on people's opinions in this country.

LC

« Reply #241 on: January 26, 2019, 11:20:55 AM »
We've all got our anecdotes.

I personally met Bill and Hillary on multiple occasions. My friend's father was the first black US ambassador to a few countries (during Bill's term). I would disagree with your characterization.

On Trump, he's a jackass, a fool, and worst of all, uncaring. Anyone living in NYC in the 80s and 90s can attest to this.

On Pence, isn't this the dude who can't seem to pray the gay away?

As governor of Indiana, Mr. Pence opposed gay marriage and signed into law a bill that made it legal for businesses to cite religious freedom when refusing service to gay and transgender people, for example a bakery that refused to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding.

As a member of Congress, Mr. Pence voted against employment nondiscrimination protections for gay and transgender people and also voted against the repeal of ďdonít ask, donít tell.Ē

His opposition to gay rights goes back at least to his first congressional campaign, in 2000, when he opposed same-sex marriage and the nondiscrimination laws that protected L.G.B.T. people.

He also argued for public funding of conversion therapy and said federal funding for H.I.V./AIDS treatment should be renewed only if the government could certify that no money went to ďorganizations that celebrate and encourage the types of behaviors that facilitate the spreading of the H.I.V. virus,Ē according to an archived version of his campaign website.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 11:47:26 AM by LC »
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | dis | irm | mo | nlsn | pm | relx | tap | tfsl | vz | wm

Spekulatius

« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2019, 07:16:36 AM »
If he does not agree with your opinion Doc he is a troll?

Cardboard

He paid $30 to sign up at an investment board to make a first long winded post about Trump’s wall in the political section. I guess that answers your question.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 07:25:03 AM by Spekulatius »
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.

Castanza

« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2019, 04:35:41 PM »

Cardboard

He paid $30 to sign up at an investment board to make a first long winded post about Trumpís wall in the political section. I guess that answers your question.

I promise I'm not a troll. Talking politics is addictive. Anyone can attest to that. I'll refrain! I know I'm new but maybe remove political threads in general?

Gregmal

« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2019, 04:50:02 PM »
Nothing to apologize for. Some can't handle it. Some can. Its just entertainment/sport.

If your investment contributions are valuable, a competent investor won't care about your political leanings. And whether you talk politics or not, has no bearing on your ability to read the offerings of others. The ones who get butthurt by your politics and thus can't engage on an investment basis, really just demonstrate that they lack one of the most fundamental tools for making wise decisions anyway; ignoring the noise...Someone so fragile they get turned off because of something that has NOTHING to do with an investment, is likely not capable of providing you any useful insight anyway...

Spekulatius

« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2019, 07:01:08 PM »

Cardboard

He paid $30 to sign up at an investment board to make a first long winded post about Trumpís wall in the political section. I guess that answers your question.

I promise I'm not a troll. Talking politics is addictive. Anyone can attest to that. I'll refrain! I know I'm new but maybe remove political threads in general?

Itís all good, fire away. Technically, all political threads here are trolling anyways. You will find more value here reading and posting in the investing section.
To be a realist, one has to believe in miracles.