Author Topic: Border patrol detention centers  (Read 23002 times)

SharperDingaan

• Lifetime Member
Re: Border patrol detention centers
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 04:32:24 AM »
The detention center 'dog cages' are entirely on Trump. His decicision.
I murder someone, 'cause the devil (Obama) made me do it, is not an excuse.
The PR fiasco is purely Trumps f****p.

The trade pissing match with almost the entire world, is entirely on Trump. Another f****p.
Instead, the only thing the chump has actually done - is cost a great many people their jobs.

Republicans made him the head of their party, & continue to keep him there.
I pin the arms of the victim while you murder him, and I am complicit in his/her murder.
Welcome to the November mid-term election.

SD

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 06:52:57 AM »
The Nazis took the babies from their mother's hands and threw them into dump trucks before burrying them.

I had respect for you Doughishere but, now it is all gone. You are a pathetic deceiver and liar.

Cardboard

rkbabang

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 07:13:38 AM »
As a former Republican (local state treasurer for Nixon, I've noticed that when the Trump supporters don't have a good argument, they start blaming Obama.  If that sounds weak they blame Bill and Hillary. None of them are in power now so it really doesn't matter.
At some point someone has to say that" The emperor isn't wearing any clothes.
jmho

And I notice that the left ignores everything a Democrat does while in office.  Drone bombings, record deportations, increases in prison population, tough on the drug war.   There is very little that the left criticizes Trump for that isn't a direct continuation of Obama's policies (which he inherited from Bush and him from Clinton...).   The difference is that Obama was well spoken and had class, so that made the murder of children and the mass deportations okay.   Just as the anti-war movement went away completely the day Obama became president, your outrage over stuff like this will vanish entirely if a Democrat wins in 2020.  Yes these things the federal government of the United States are doing are all truly horrific, it's nice of you to finally notice.

LC

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2018, 07:18:11 AM »
I am curious to hear from our more conservative members:

Do you agree with this policy change?

What are the advantages of charging these people with a federal crime vs. sending those families to immigration court?

How is the policy change an improvement?

How do you see Trumps involvement in terms of responsibility for the policy change?

And what are your thoughts on Trumps comments that Democrats are responsible for the effects of the policy change?

"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | dis | irm | mo | nlsn | pm | relx | tap | tfsl | vz | wm

SharperDingaan

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2018, 08:38:43 AM »
Every goverment is free to make, & enforce, its own policies.
But only the very dumb ones allow these kinds of images out, as the optics make it impossible to sell your message.

Trump has f****d up so badly, he has had to send Sessions out to try & distract the media through the 'Nazi' comment.
Problem is that the 'dog cage' images keep coming, & the Sessions distraction has been ineffective.
The PR f****p remains purely Trumps  ....     

Hard to vote for 'baby snatchers'.
Last time around it was the 'baby killers' of the Vietnam War, and it didn't go well for the party in power.
https://www.quora.com/Why-were-U-S-Soldiers-called-Baby-Killers-during-the-Vietnam-war

So what's the GORP to do ?
Maybe pay for the 'baby snatcher' posters, but ensure that Trumps face is nice & prominent.
This is the idiot, not us!

SD

SmallCap

• Lifetime Member
  • Nothing at Tesla
    • Business Mastery
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 09:42:23 AM »
It's been interesting seeing all the digital ink spilled on the topic of Children being separated from their families and detained in poor conditions.

So much of the emotion and digital ink has been over who should be blamed.

Personally, I don't care that much about if there is a law/policy, who passed that law/policy, and who started/changed implementing the law/policy. Finding someone to blame doesn't help these children but it does help them become political pawns. Maybe we can move on past the blaming and just deal with where we are right now.

From my perspective, I haven't seen everything but I have seen enough to be disappointed with the way they are being treated and I am disappointed that we would treat human beings this way. I don't have a clear picture of the history of this issue but at this point, I don't care how we got here but in how we can do better.

We have a long history dotted with times of marginalizing and mistreating those not in power, Slavery, returning illegal runaway slaves, trail of tears, wounded knee, Jim Crow Laws, Japanese internment camps. Each of those had their defenders at the time, and those defenders had reasons why this was an acceptable way to treat people. In many of those cases, the mistreatment was either within the law or the people were in violation of the law. I just don't think that I want to come down on the side of defending this mistreatment and I wonder if anyone has a good argument why this current situation wouldn't be on that list at some future date?

Love watching what people can accomplish through business.
www.sethgetz.com @sethgetz

SmallCap

• Lifetime Member
  • Nothing at Tesla
    • Business Mastery
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2018, 10:02:18 AM »
Amazing considering this not even a week after the NK meeting. That was mildly impressive and a good step towards getting the Koran people together.

I think he needs to work with a variety of other countries in order to get the Koran People together.

:)

Sorry I know what you mean but just thought it was funny.
Love watching what people can accomplish through business.
www.sethgetz.com @sethgetz

investor-man

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 08:04:07 PM »
It's been interesting seeing all the digital ink spilled on the topic of Children being separated from their families and detained in poor conditions.

So much of the emotion and digital ink has been over who should be blamed.

Personally, I don't care that much about if there is a law/policy, who passed that law/policy, and who started/changed implementing the law/policy. Finding someone to blame doesn't help these children but it does help them become political pawns. Maybe we can move on past the blaming and just deal with where we are right now.

From my perspective, I haven't seen everything but I have seen enough to be disappointed with the way they are being treated and I am disappointed that we would treat human beings this way. I don't have a clear picture of the history of this issue but at this point, I don't care how we got here but in how we can do better.

We have a long history dotted with times of marginalizing and mistreating those not in power, Slavery, returning illegal runaway slaves, trail of tears, wounded knee, Jim Crow Laws, Japanese internment camps. Each of those had their defenders at the time, and those defenders had reasons why this was an acceptable way to treat people. In many of those cases, the mistreatment was either within the law or the people were in violation of the law. I just don't think that I want to come down on the side of defending this mistreatment and I wonder if anyone has a good argument why this current situation wouldn't be on that list at some future date?

Well said
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #3 "Never spend more for an acquisition than you have to."

LC

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 09:14:56 PM »
The outcry is because this is a regressive policy that is unneeded and is only being used as a political bargaining tool. Previous policy was referring those cases to immigration courts which did not seperate children from parents. The "solution" is to go back to previous policy, which Trump is not willing to do unless democrats make concessions on other political points.
"Lethargy bordering on sloth remains the cornerstone of our investment style."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
brk.b | dis | irm | mo | nlsn | pm | relx | tap | tfsl | vz | wm

Lakesider

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2018, 09:24:31 PM »
This is global news and its really not a good look for America.