Author Topic: Bring out the guillotine!  (Read 1114 times)

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member

Cigarbutt

Re: Bring out the guillotine!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 10:10:05 AM »
Reaction from King Macron:
“Let them eat an omelette”

An old French saying uttered from a concerned and often off-topic member of the privileged class:
“You don't make an omelette without breaking some eggs”

SharperDingaan

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 11:32:55 AM »
But what it really indicates is how close Europe is to having an 'incident'
Notice how quick security was to wrestle his head out of view ... they clearly thought it was something else.

And that France is now considering imposing a State of Emergency ... to put-down the worst rioting in 50 years (1968)
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/02/france-mulls-state-of-emergency-after-paris-riots-wont-change-policy.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_1968_events_in_France

2 weeks ago Trump couldn't drive across Paris for Remembrance Day ceremonies.
Any guesses as to why?

SD
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 03:00:14 PM by SharperDingaan »

Alekbaylee

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 12:02:06 PM »
Guys, this incident dates back to 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCUnSgTsEo

Always (double)check your source(s)!

Cigarbutt

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 12:18:58 PM »
Guys, this incident dates back to 2017: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLCUnSgTsEo

Always (double)check your source(s)!

You are correct about the timing but while surveying the "damage" today, one can see that the security perimeter has put a larger distance between Himself and the animals.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-02/france-s-dangerous-yellow-vest-protesters?srnd=markets-vp
JohnHjorth, are you following this?
In the Bloomberg article, they describe the tax burden, which value remains inappropriately understood according to the connected. Denmark is up there too. Last week, I watched a good report on my state-sponsored media about Denmark and how the political balance is shifting on the immigration issue. Any comments?
The French are sentimental but the disconnect seems to be real.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 12:20:59 PM by Cigarbutt »

Cardboard

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 05:29:23 AM »

John Hjorth

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 07:07:21 PM »
John Hjorth, are you following this?
In the Bloomberg article, they describe the tax burden, which value remains inappropriately understood according to the connected. Denmark is up there too. Last week, I watched a good report on my state-sponsored media about Denmark and how the political balance is shifting on the immigration issue. Any comments?
The French are sentimental but the disconnect seems to be real.

I'm sorry for a late reply here, Cigarbutt,

I don't read the Politics forum here on CoBF daily, and I've actually also granted myself a couple of days to think and read a bit about it. Primarily to avoid ending up in self-oscilation and mental overdrive, just to get called out to behave by fellow board members. [Like when I have been posting about Ms. Vestager's doings.]

I was caught by surprise by what's going on in France. I did not see it coming, based on my personal ignorance about general French living conditions.

What you have read about what's going here in Denmark, I personally consider a fairly correct overall description.

To me, it's deeply concerning, to put it mildly.

Now how is it, that it is so right now here? To me personally, it's about logic flaws in our democracy, leading to among other things populism. An efficient election process in a representative democracy leads to a representative composition of the Danish parlament [called Folketinget], mirroring the population. I'm a huge fan of all your posts here on CoBF with links to essays etc. about stupidity and ignorance. WYSIWYG. Persons on the seats equipped with moral compasses, that are dearly in need of recalibration, or even worse: persons who are morally bankrupt.

- - - o 0 o - - -

More later.
”In the race of excellence … there is no finish line.”
-HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai

SharperDingaan

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 08:36:26 AM »
Keep in mind that these aren't 'ordinary' protests.
They take place on weekends, because the protestors work during the week; and things have to be very bad to get protests by working people this big - even in France. It could easily morph into a national strike, there are extemists on both sides lighting matches, and this didn't come out of nowhere. There are also a lot of similarities to Ukraines Orange Revolution and Egypts Arab Spring; both of which were externally 'formented'

So how is it that the powers that be - can systematically be so 'out of touch'?
Think about who answers a telephone, or an on-line, 'opinion' survey ... it's the unemployed, the under-employed, students, the disabled, the disadvantaged, the old and the sick. It's not working people - 'cause they're either working when you call, or too busy with other things to fill-in your low priority survey. And when businesses are suveyed who does the polster talk to ? - the PR department. Not a 'working person' in sight!

The only time a working person is 'seen' is when he/she is 'on-line', and leaving a digital trace of where they have been. Use that trace to predict where they will go next (data mining, AI, etc.), bait the desired outcome ... and you've the basics of behaviour modification. And on targets that aren't aware that it's happening.

Then look at the 'strong man' & the 'communist countries' - no protests.
Why do you suppose that is?  ;)

SD

« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 12:55:13 PM by SharperDingaan »

Cigarbutt

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 10:07:30 AM »
I'm sorry for a late reply here...

I don't read the Politics forum here on CoBF daily, and I've actually also granted myself a couple of days to think and read a bit about it. Primarily to avoid ending up in self-oscilation and mental overdrive, just to get called out to behave by fellow board members. [Like when I have been posting about Ms. Vestager's doings.]

I was caught by surprise by what's going on in France. I did not see it coming, based on my personal ignorance about general French living conditions.

What you have read about what's going here in Denmark, I personally consider a fairly correct overall description.

To me, it's deeply concerning, to put it mildly.

Now how is it, that it is so right now here? To me personally, it's about logic flaws in our democracy, leading to among other things populism. An efficient election process in a representative democracy leads to a representative composition of the Danish parlament [called Folketinget], mirroring the population. I'm a huge fan of all your posts here on CoBF with links to essays etc. about stupidity and ignorance. WYSIWYG. Persons on the seats equipped with moral compasses, that are dearly in need of recalibration, or even worse: persons who are morally bankrupt.
- - - o 0 o - - -
More later.

Keep in mind that these aren't 'ordinary' protests.
Then look at the 'strong man' & the 'communist countries' - no protests.
Why do you suppose that is?  ;)
SD
People often marvel how Mr. Buffett can take an on-the-spot decision involving billions of dollars but often forget that the decision was the result of a thought process occurring over decades.
Opinion: The time to do the thinking is now.
Thought the following was relevant for the European political landscape and what it may mean for future decisions.
https://timbro.se/allmant/timbro-authoritarian-populism-index2017/

Opinion: "Non-deplorable" people who complain about the rise of anti-democratic sentiment are quick to notice the weaknesses in the growing movements but slow to recognize their own shortcomings that lie at the very origin of the drift.
People of all stripes are looking for alternatives and this is an opportunity cost game.
There's work to be done!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:13:14 AM by Cigarbutt »